5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what happened to the Rebel

Craftman

Reaction score
Rebel is probably the only model I am interested and the only ones around are test vehicles for media. Last I heard they were on the production line.

Maybe they are all E torque, which are also MIA.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Craftman said:
Rebel is probably the only model I am interested and the only ones around are test vehicles for media. Last I heard they were on the production line.

Maybe they are all E torque, which are also MIA.
I tried to copy paste a post that I had made about my experience with trying to purchase a Rebel but couldn't do it for lack of computer knowledge within these forums. If you pull me up in the new member section you may be able to access it. Because its rather lengthy I didn't try to redo it again. Let me know one way or the other and I'll try to share where I am with my build.

Craftman

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote>Here is one that will make you scratch your head. On March 7th I placed my order for a GC Ram Rebel QC. Jumping ahead I entered "I" status on April 27th and remained there for 26 days. How could it take this much time to inspect a vehicle was the question I asked Customer Service. They opened and escalated a case for me and here is whats happened to the Rebels that have not hit the ground outside of SHAP. They have been "boned" it seems as I just received notification of my build now being fast tracked and its presently in "F" status with an entirely new vin number. My original KN54**** has become KN60****. As this is my 5th FCA build I have never even heard of such an event happening. I have no idea if they actually scrap these things or fix and sell used. Anyone with any knowledge of something like this having happened in the past I would greatly appreciate hearing about it as I enjoy being educated.</woltlab-quote>Here it is.

Might be some sort of issue with Rebels - We need some inside info.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Here is somewhat of an update to all of this. On Friday the 24th I went to my dealer and got a copy of my new POC.
It shows as a new build effective May 18th with the new Von and Vin numbers. So to go from BA to F staus in a week is definitely fast tracked as they stated. However, as I'm still unable to locate any Rebels on the ground outside of SHAP, I'll remain in that, " I'm from Missouri, Show me ", state of mind. Right now even KZ won't satisfy me. When KZM pops up, then and only then, will I relax.
As for inside info, the BossMan of this site says he will look into it.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's why I was waiting until around August to order mine. Let them build a few first so they know what they are doing
icon_lol.gif

FLG8R

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
That's why I was waiting until around August to order mine. Let them build a few first so they know what they are doing
icon_lol.gif
With all the competition out there one would think the day of using customers as guinea pigs was past. In their rush to accept orders (why they felt it necessary to have these things on the roads in April/May is beyond me, but I bit) they are creating a PR nightmare for themselves. They must realize not only do they monitor these forums but so do the automotive news publications. Maybe shut down production until everyone is properly schooled and they have their ducks in a row. One step forward two steps back is not a dance step they want to use.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more. I would have loved to have my Rebel equipped the way I wanted right now but I realized there was no way they could do that not with all the new technology-ETorque, Ramboxes. Still hoping my local dealers get one with a ETorque(doesn't have to be a Rebel) so I can drive one before ordering. Like I said if I order in August time frame than hopefully it will be here in November time frame. I played the status game when I ordered my current one. This time I will wait and when it gets here, then its here. No more checking once a week or more.
icon_lol.gif

Everybody saying I ordered at this time when is it getting here. If you look at normal thing the 2019's wouldn't have normally been out til Sept. As you said they rushed it and weren't prepared.

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not scene any Laramie models with the sport appearance package yet either. I have scene a couple Canadian Sports just recently. There are plenty of bighorn sports around maybe they are having a supplier issue with the sport hoods which both the Rebel and Laramie sport share.

Flot

Reaction score
Biga said:
I have not scene any Laramie models with the sport appearance package yet either. I have scene a couple Canadian Sports just recently. There are plenty of bighorn sports around maybe they are having a supplier issue with the sport hoods which both the Rebel and Laramie sport share.
I haven’t seen any Laramie sports either - mine was unloaded from the train but hasn’t made it to the dealer yet...

SHAP_supplier

Reaction score
With all the competition out there one would think the day of using customers as guinea pigs was past. In their rush to accept orders (why they felt it necessary to have these things on the roads in April/May is beyond me, but I bit) they are creating a PR nightmare for themselves. They must realize not only do they monitor these forums but so do the automotive news publications. Maybe shut down production until everyone is properly schooled and they have their ducks in a row. One step forward two steps back is not a dance step they want to use.

You may be waiting awhile. Sterling Heights (SHAP) continues to have launch delays while converting from cars to trucks. They have thousands of trucks on hold awaiting rework or missing parts and SHAP weekly decreases orders to their suppliers. One reason why Warren Truck continues to build 2018MY Ram 1500's.

FLG8R

Reaction score
You may be waiting awhile. Sterling Heights (SHAP) continues to have launch delays while converting from cars to trucks. They have thousands of trucks on hold awaiting rework or missing parts and SHAP weekly decreases orders to their suppliers. One reason why Warren Truck continues to build 2018MY Ram 1500's.
Could you please elaborate on a couple of your comments.
1. Thousands on hold awaiting rework?
2. SHAP weekly decreases orders to suppliers?

SHAP_supplier

Reaction score
Could you please elaborate on a couple of your comments.
1. Thousands on hold awaiting rework?
2. SHAP weekly decreases orders to suppliers?

I heard a few weeks ago from a SHAP employee that SHAP asked workers to start carpooling as the employee lot is used for "on hold" trucks needing rework or missing parts. Realize that SHAP went from building unibody cars to Body on Frame trucks - quite an employee learning curve

Users who are viewing this thread