5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...what are you using the dash tray for?

Kibro2

Reaction score
2nd on the Copenhagen holder and lip balm..( it’s duck hunting season and need both daily)

Birdphoto19

Reaction score
My cheap and easy dash cam, until I get the nerve to trust someone to hard wire one to the windshield that is.

Works like a charm, my cheapo action cam actually has a good dash cam mode, turns on & starts recording when you turn on the truck, stops recording and turns off when you turn off the ignition. I used a flush mounted USB adaptor inserted into the 12v outlet to power the unit.

I do unclip and hide the cam in my center console when not in use in case some thief confuses it for an actual GoPro.

View attachment 75991
Hardwiring a dash cam is super easy. Running the wires in the headliner and down the door seal was easy as well. I bough an OBD power adapter to plug in my dash cam.

Took ten minutes tops.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hardwiring a dash cam is super easy. Running the wires in the headliner and down the door seal was easy as well. I bough an OBD power adapter to plug in my dash cam.

Took ten minutes tops.

Nice, just weirded out messing with my truck's interior & electronics. No issues doing the mechanical stuff, but worried about messing up the delicate stuff inside. But I'll give it a shot soon, don't like having to unclip and hide the cam when I leave the truck, also prevents any shock surveillance by doing that.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A bunch of sharpies, carpenter pencils, and pens since I always need that stuff out on a job. When I am using the truck for a pleasure trip, I set my radar detector in there. The cigarette plug right there is super handy for that.

Krootz

Reaction score
Wallet and my hat bill lays perfectly in it so it doesn’t slide across the dash on the move

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either my eyeglasses or safety glasses depending on if I’m at work or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My phone and sometimes a Go-Pro. I would like to put a tablet up there for road trips but I am hesitant due to the weight.
RAM Mounts..jpg

RamVader

Reaction score
I use it for my bobble Vader! I tapped into the 12 V power plug and put a black light LED strip to light it up. I moved the fuse so it only has power when the ignition is turned on.
3f4189b1090416123099cfdc182009ee.jpg

47929abb2c42bea072b33b67e5013988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiesey

Reaction score
I use it for my bobble Vader! I tapped into the 12 V power plug and put a black light LED strip to light it up. I moved the fuse so it only has power when the ignition is turned on.
3f4189b1090416123099cfdc182009ee.jpg

47929abb2c42bea072b33b67e5013988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winner!!! Damn that’s good

hceptj

Reaction score
it's where I put the broken pieces of the trim on the drivers side visor because the local dealership can't seem to order a replacement no matter how many times I go and complain...it's the plastic that covers up that chrome piece of metal that holds up the visor. It decided to not move one day when I moved the visor and I've been down to the dealership 3x and it's always "oh, we forgot to order it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online