5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...what are you using the dash tray for?

kiesey

Reaction score
Love to hear how everyone is using that space...I’d be really interested in front cams for off-roading or a cool heads-up display setup. Anyways, have at it! Pics please!!!

tigercat74

Reaction score
I use mine to hold the gate remote for the apartment complex. Your suggestions sounds much more fun.

Gitter

Reaction score
I use it when towing for the wireless camera display that I installed to the back of the travel trailer. I love that the power cord plugs in right next to the tray. It's removable so I don't have that in the way while daily driving...

20201025_114934.jpg

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I rarely use it for sunglasses as they get too hot in the Maui, or now the Colorado sun. So I basically never use it.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I use it when towing for the wireless camera display that I installed to the back of the travel trailer. I love that the power cord plugs in right next to the tray. It's removable so I don't have that in the way while daily driving...

Hey Glitter, what camera system did you get? Would you get it again? Looking at something for an upcoming purchase.

Gitter

Reaction score
No glitter here. ;)

I bought this LeeKooLuu system here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S2Y1MNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the price, the 1080 picture is great (good definition and no lag), even at freeway speeds and I would definitely buy it again.

I did not directly fit into the mounting bracket that was pre-fitted to my specific trailer, but you can buy an adaptor plate with screws for about $10. They had one that worked specifically for the Furron mounting plates if you have one already.

The only small con I had as that the screen itself does not turn off when you turn off the camera feed. During the day it's not a big deal, but at night, the black LCD screen is still emitting light from screen's backlight. Luckily the cigarette lighter power adaptor has a power switch on it. That kills all power to the screen itself (it doesn't do anything to the camera which is wired directly to the trailer power). So that's all I toggle on/off when I'm driving.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My cheap and easy dash cam, until I get the nerve to trust someone to hard wire one to the windshield that is.

Works like a charm, my cheapo action cam actually has a good dash cam mode, turns on & starts recording when you turn on the truck, stops recording and turns off when you turn off the ignition. I used a flush mounted USB adaptor inserted into the 12v outlet to power the unit.

I do unclip and hide the cam in my center console when not in use in case some thief confuses it for an actual GoPro.

Dashcam.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
Go on.....

Is this tint clear? Does it make a big difference in how hot the cab gets in the summer? I might have to look into this.

Check out LLumar air80. It’s a clear ceramic tint. I put it on my windshield and wrapped all other windows in LLumar IRX. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go on.....

Is this tint clear? Does it make a big difference in how hot the cab gets in the summer? I might have to look into this.
I have xpel XR prime on mine, windshield included. 15% front, 5% rear and 70% windshield. Blocks up to like 90% of IR rays and the inside of my truck is never hotter than the ambient temps.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also IR tinted everything. Windshield is clear. Darkened everything else including sunroof.
So much more comfortable driving in full sun.

And I use that spot for sunglasses. Also another pair in the actual sun glass holder but that holder isn’t great at all shapes and sizes

Users who are viewing this thread