5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So weird issues with 12" uconnect.

Neokane

Reaction score
So a couple issues I have experienced with the 13" uconnect, and I'm sure this would be a circle jerk of blame... but several times I have gotten an error that says parental advisory wont let me listen to a sxm channel..
I dont have profiles set up, and never set a lock up.
20190424_091651.jpg

Secondly, it seems like there are times when checking the weather.. it pulls 255 as a temp.

20190419_045332.jpg

I have hit refresh data and sometimes it will refresh, and sometimes it will refresh 3 hr and not the 6 hr forecast..

Just odd.

KentuckySteve

Reaction score
I believe the parental guides are set on your Sirius account. You may have to log in there and change those settings or call them to have it changed.

JRather

Reaction score
So a couple issues I have experienced with the 13" uconnect, and I'm sure this would be a circle jerk of blame... but several times I have gotten an error that says parental advisory wont let me listen to a sxm channel..
I dont have profiles set up, and never set a lock up.
View attachment 23094

Secondly, it seems like there are times when checking the weather.. it pulls 255 as a temp.

View attachment 23096

I have hit refresh data and sometimes it will refresh, and sometimes it will refresh 3 hr and not the 6 hr forecast..

Just odd.
The number of bugs in the 12" uConnect system were so bad in my radio/nav that the dealer replaced the entire system. I just had this done today after waiting a while as FCA engineering made the local dealer tech jump through hoops as he did a load of troubleshooting. The replacement system is performing well (fingers crossed) and a number of menus have changed or been upgraded. Even the sound is better. I suspect a number of early 2019's will need to be swapped out.

Neokane

Reaction score
The number of bugs in the 12" uConnect system were so bad in my radio/nav that the dealer replaced the entire system. I just had this done today after waiting a while as FCA engineering made the local dealer tech jump through hoops as he did a load of troubleshooting. The replacement system is performing well (fingers crossed) and a number of menus have changed or been upgraded. Even the sound is better. I suspect a number of early 2019's will need to be swapped out.
Do you know what firmware and software versions you had and what you have now?

RHut

Reaction score
Mine has been in the shop for a day and a half before they called and said it can’t be fixed right now but Ram is working on it. HOW CAN THEY NOT HAVE A FIX BY NOW???

Users who are viewing this thread