5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So this is how my Limited 4x gets such good gas mileage...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Dodge Charger, Challenger Get Security Mode Limiting Power to 3 HP​

Dodge is offering another layer of security to certain Charger and Challenger sedans: a code that limits their top speed to idle to thwart thieves and joyriders.

BY COLIN BERESFORD
MAR 24, 2021

"Dodge is now offering a second layer of security on its Challenger and Charger sedans to thwart any attempts at taking these muscle cars out for joyrides. The system requires the driver to input a four-digit code into the infotainment screen in order to get the car to go any faster than idle speed—or to use any more than 3 horsepower."

I must have that enabled...

sppb32

Reaction score
That might work...for a while until someone finds a way around it or disable it with some software.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

BNeal

Reaction score
The contractor building my house just had his 2020 Silverado stolen while in the parking lot at the gym where he was working out. He mentioned this limiter to me last night, saying it would be nice if all vehicles had something like this.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The wife doesn't like to have to sign in in the puter. She would definitely not like signing in on the truck.😡
Until her computer gets stolen, and all her data is there at the fingertips of the thieves. Sometimes, no matter how smart a person is, it doesn't "hit them" on the importance of something until it literally hits them.

My wife has an otherwise very intelligent co-worker who bought a used car at a really good price because the airbags don't work. She keeps on telling people, "How often do you really need the airbags?"

My wife replies, "Just once, just once."

We have an Engineer at my work, a guy with I don't know how many degrees that has been there many years, refuse to put a passcode or any other lock on his cell phone because its inconvenient. No matter how many stories you give him, or how many ways you try to convince him, it doesn't matter. I am patiently waiting for the day he loses his phone or has it stolen, and his identity probably with it.

Users who are viewing this thread