5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So this happened today.

InFamous

Reaction score
One month and two days old. Landscapers rammed their mower into my truck. Guy tried to tell me it was my fault for having my bumper hang over the curb lol. He also hit my neighbors Camaro. Went to get the estimate about an hour after the incident $2650. 0E57D56C-73DF-48EC-A8E8-83ECAE0BA26F.jpeg 7846AA0C-3FCB-477C-A898-14FFE3940145.jpeg C039FBA9-E1FC-462C-83BB-80F2D60C0FA8.jpeg 9DE44673-6F0A-432A-93C5-CAEF664DABB4.jpeg

Last edited:

CJR28

Reaction score
Totally not your fault, I would seek reimbursement immediately. If they fail to make things right, seek legal action. File a report with your local law enforcement agency, it will help

InFamous

Reaction score
We called the local police ASAP. I also have it all on my NEST cam. We're hoping the landscaping company just writes us a check and be done with it, I don't wanna deal with their insurance.

InFamous

Reaction score
I just love how he tried saying it was my fault cause my bumper was hanging over the curb and in the grass. If I didn't park that far back my front end would be in the road LOL

CJR28

Reaction score
That doesnt matter, he should known to avoid it unless hes blind. Hes responsible regardless, inform him that he better make it right or you will be seeking legal action. In any civil court setting you will win

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree it's the mower's fault for hitting the truck, but hanging your rear end out over the grass isn't cool either. Grass obviously needs mowed, and parking your rear over the grass/beyond the curb isn't worth the damage that you just experienced. But if you can't park further up without being in the road, and don't have another spot to use, I guess that's your only option? Crappy situation.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see this at work a lot, but I park about a foot short of the curb. I've been on the other side of this when I was younger. I mowed lawns for gas money when I was in high school, and people would park with their bumpers over the curb like that. I needed to cut the grass, and who knows when the car would be gone, so I'd try to get as close as possible. Often rubbing the bumper. Fortunately for me, cars and trucks all had chrome bumpers back then. So nothing was ever damaged. But I've always been aware of parking near grass all of my adult life because of it. If you can't fit in the spot without hanging your bumper over the grass, then the spot is too small for a truck IMHO.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you can't fit in the spot without hanging your bumper over the grass, then the spot is too small for a truck IMHO.

Agreed, but it is still the landscaper's fault in this case. This isn't even a gentle rubbing by getting close, this is a total "whoops" hit.

As others said, I'd give them a chance to make it right, pay you for the repair (make sure and give them a copy of the estimate if you haven't already, so they know you aren't just pulling a number out of your rear end). Give them a chance to save face, as the saying goes.

If not, you can pursue via court, or via their insurance. Especially since you have it on video, their insurance would probably like to avoid court/lawyer costs.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, but it is still the landscaper's fault in this case. This isn't even a gentle rubbing by getting close, this is a total "whoops" hit.
Oh, without a doubt it's the landscaper's fault. I'm sorry if what I posted made it sound as if I was blaming the OP, because that was not my intention. It's 100% the fault of the landscaper.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your truck was in the way? DUH. He didn't have to mow every inch of the grass either if "it was in the way".
Make 'em pay!

Damn, did you duplicate some of those pics?

InFamous

Reaction score
Just to hit on some odds and ends. I live in a complex and although we don't have assigned parking, I've parked in the same sport for the last 19 years. The spot is wide which is why I park there but if I have my whole truck and hitch a foot away from the curb I'd be 2 feet into the road, length wise all the spots are the same. There's a tree behind my truck so they usually just avoid going behind it all together and just use the weedwacker. They also hit my neighbors Camaro and she was barely over the curb. The guy driving had it in reverse, going fast enough to cause good damage to both vehicles and was not paying attention. I watched it on my Nest Cam after the fact. Our complex is protecting the landscaping company at this time and hasn't given us their name or phone number yet. They did take a copy of the estimate from the body shop. This also isn't the first time my truck has been hit here. My '17 was hit by maintenance and they made good on it.

I deleted the duplicates, and they came back...I'll fix it again LOL

InFamous

Reaction score
Oh, also most of the time I'm not home when they mow so I don't even think about it much. They usually come on Tuesdays not Wednesdays. If I had just washed my truck and I hear them coming I move it...and Tuesday's I'm usually at work. Either way, full speed in reverse, hit my neighbors Camaro then my truck and actually denting my bumper...completely on him.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hitting a legally even badly parked vehicle is always 100% fault of the moving vehicle. Doubly so if you do it twice on the same day. I would totally file against his insurance. If you look up his company name with the state where he's licensed you can usually see who their insurance or bond is held.

If this mowing service is provided by someone else like a HOA or landlord, they too are liable and you can file against them as well. You inherit the liability of anyone you hire that causes liability from their actions.

Users who are viewing this thread