5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So many Stellantis vehicles struggling to sell

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seen a few threads on the forum regarding Ram's recent drop in market share and sales volume and then saw this video on TFL today - seems like Strellantis has some serious issues to work out with model refreshes and/or price drops to move inventory. I don't think I'd be happy if I owned a CDJR dealership right now.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely for the 2500 and larger need a refresh, even the 1500, pushing the mid-cycle another year isn't great. Lots of Jeep models, the Gladiator is a little surprising, though there is some serious sticker shock looking at the price of new Jeep and RAMs out there.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$ definitely - there are only so many people that can afford current prices. And add high interest rates
Some videos on Ford trucks have also started to pop - so to me its more about the cost than model refresh

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The costs have gone up substantially for sure - in many cases the MSRP increase can be mostly negated with negotiations in my experience but many buyers don't like to negotiate or assume they will just have to pay MSRP.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The costs have gone up substantially for sure - in many cases the MSRP increase can be mostly negated with negotiations in my experience but many buyers don't like to negotiate or assume they will just have to pay MSRP.
Depends where you live. ALL the dealerships near me will NOT negoiate price on new or used cars.
At best you can have them work on your trade in or extra like free oil changes.

When I custom ordered my Ram best I could do was AT MSRP within 150 miles, 250 miles I was able to get between MSRP and invoice. 0 dealerships within 300 miles would accept the affiliate discount for 1% under invoice too.

$ definitely - there are only so many people that can afford current prices. And add high interest rates
Some videos on Ford trucks have also started to pop - so to me its more about the cost than model refresh
I was looking at new Fords a couple of days ago for a friend who was looking to get something cheap just to tow but wanted good mpg and I was shocked at the price of F150s. What I saw was more expensive then Ram and I thought Ram was the most expensive.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you gotta put in the work and time to find the best deal but coming down from msrp depends on the market. not so long ago it wasn't happening
specifically talking about ram - what I have also notice is now you also get less truck for more money, at least on higher trims
And to add in my opinion ram and probably others did a bad job at balancing their inventory - they focus too much on higher trims because that was what the market was dictating at the moment and abandon the base work truck market - but when the market turns those higher trims will seat on the lots which is what I see in many videos and why ram just had the 10% off on Laramies - from what I remember Ram used to make a very base affordable work truck and all those small business and fleet sales might be going else where

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends where you live. ALL the dealerships near me will NOT negoiate price on new or used cars.
At best you can have them work on your trade in or extra like free oil changes.

When I custom ordered my Ram best I could do was AT MSRP within 150 miles, 250 miles I was able to get between MSRP and invoice. 0 dealerships within 300 miles would accept the affiliate discount for 1% under invoice too.

I was looking at new Fords a couple of days ago for a friend who was looking to get something cheap just to tow but wanted good mpg and I was shocked at the price of F150s. What I saw was more expensive then Ram and I thought Ram was the most expensive.
In my area anytime I had to shop around Ford was always more expensive than Ram.
So I have been a happy owner on a previous 4th gen and current 5th gen ram

Users who are viewing this thread