5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, I got hosed, sort of.

DBCooper

Reaction score
I have a meeting tomorrow with Dealer over my mis-ordered (not) REBEL 12. I am trying to Re-order another and will post if I can find anything out from dealer on availability.

DBCooper

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes that's very appropriate in this instance. She's not happy with the botched order.

halla

Reaction score
My dealer was checking again today on AZ5 package. Still no word.

Mesteve

Reaction score
I had confirmation that AZ5 is NOT available at this time, but no indication of future availability.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No matter what truck you end up with...Your real gift is having a wonderful wife!
This. My wife did the same thing but she wanted me to choose the truck I wanted. She just called me up and said, babe, let’s go get your truck.” Sh**, you don’t have to tell me twice.

Mesteve

Reaction score
This. My wife did the same thing but she wanted me to choose the truck I wanted. She just called me up and said, babe, let’s go get your truck.” Sh**, you don’t have to tell me twice.

^this

KrashnPA

Reaction score
I had confirmation that AZ5 is NOT available at this time, but no indication of future availability.
This is a bummer... did the dealer confirm by trying to order or did they speak to someone at the mothership? Tried to order a Rebel 12 tonight and the dealer built it the same way as the OP posted. Called Ram customer care to see what's up and then found this thread.

DBCooper

Reaction score
I met with the dealer over the Mis-ordered rebel and he said he had heard rumblings that the AZ5 will come back with a revamp including the advanced safety group for REBEL but no time specified. I ended up ordering a loaded limited with No E-torque , added off-road, trailer brake controller, Ram boxes and a few other things. He also said they were having trouble finding enough rail cars to ship west. I did look at all the panoramic glass trucks on the lot and all of them had properly seated drain tube grommets so hopefully they are getting assembly issues straightened out. He told me possibly 3 months for delivery.

Chill72

Reaction score
I met with the dealer over the Mis-ordered rebel and he said he had heard rumblings that the AZ5 will come back with a revamp including the advanced safety group for REBEL but no time specified. I ended up ordering a loaded limited with No E-torque , added off-road, trailer brake controller, Ram boxes and a few other things. He also said they were having trouble finding enough rail cars to ship west. I did look at all the panoramic glass trucks on the lot and all of them had properly seated drain tube grommets so hopefully they are getting assembly issues straightened out. He told me possibly 3 months for delivery.
Now you really hosed yourself, Rebel trim is the best looking trim before anything. Your wife knows best so it turns out.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly the same build as my truck. You'll like it. The Limited is a damn fine ride.

UnLimited

Reaction score
Ram Limited out shines even F150 Limited - and their version of the blue interior is pathetic. I think Ford is going back to the tan/back option or '19.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram Limited out shines even F150 Limited - and their version of the blue interior is pathetic. I think Ford is going back to the tan/back option or '19.
The 2019 F-150 Limited has a super-light color scheme (see pictures here), so it might not wear well. But it looks much better than the Navy Pier. And the Raptor engine is awesome. But it's gone up in price; it now stickers out at $75K if you option it up. The problem for me isn't price as much as an interior that—despite the nice materials—feels a little "plain Jane" and/or dated.

DBCooper

Reaction score
surprised? :rolleyes:
I was surprised. My Platinum rides like a lumber wagon and the seats are uncomfortable. Didn't drive the Limited but couldn't possibly be worse. The Limited interior was very nice, much more so than the Ford which I paid almost 10k more for. The ford has been a good truck and no warranty take-ins to the dealer but it is a little thin on the higher tech trim and finish.

DBCooper

Reaction score
I have to say I am eager to get the limited. My FCA experience hasnt been too good. 18 loaded Pacifica with a completely dead steering wheel. It would steer, everything else dead. 4 weeks. '18 300C blew all the coolant @ 300 miles.
I do have a 17 Jeep renegade that hasn't been in the shop yet so fingers crossed on the Limited.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you remember to order the 33 gal tank? It is really a necessity if traveling much. I am sure they can modify order if you missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread