5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, how’d I do?

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Went to the dealer to price out a truck and put down a deposit. Did I get 5% below invoice? No. But am I happy with the deal for a first truck purchase? Yes.

‘21 CC Bighorn with 6’4 bed 4x4
3.21 ratio
Sport package
Off-road group
Level 1 equipment
Trailer brake controller

-MSRP $51,100
-Negotiated price
$500 below invoice plus incentives upon delivery.

He priced it out with current incentives to give me an idea of what I COULD be looking at before TTL and it came out to $41,216 +TTL.

So assuming incentives are around the same as they are now, that is roughly $10K (~20%) off MSRP. Hopefully they don’t fluctuate too much!

dealer also said 8 weeks delivery. However I know this could change as well. I also got it in writing that my deposit IS refundable if the incentives upon delivery drastically drop and the final price increases.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$10k in rebates?! Big Horn is usually around $5k, did he itemize it out?

Cupped_up

Reaction score
the negotiated price was 500 below invoice so that’s roughly 3500ish? Then I qualified for 6500 in rebates

KCViper

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the dealership can "lock in" your deal at the current incentives if they choose to do so. Then, when the truck comes in, if incentives are better, you would get the benefit! I would insist upon this!!

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the dealership can "lock in" your deal at the current incentives if they choose to do so. Then, when the truck comes in, if incentives are better, you would get the benefit! I would insist upon this!!

I asked about this and he said he is unable to do this. I didn’t really have a way to negotiate that. I’m also sure it’s too late to go back and try to get him to lock that price in.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the dealer say the price you agreed upon is the max you will pay for the truck? He could lock those incentives in on an ordered truck. You would have I believe 5 days to pick up the truck when it arrives to keep them. Atleast that is what my dealership is doing.

but overall if you are happy with the deal that is all that matters. Congrats

Cupped_up

Reaction score
My dealer said he couldn’t lock in the incentive price. I just found the post with a link from Chrysler saying they allow the price protection for incentives....do you think if I emailed him or went in and showed him he would adjust the paperwork to lock in the price? I also have a refundable deposit and could always tell him I will cancel the order if he won’t honor ?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the negotiated price was 500 below invoice so that’s roughly 3500ish? Then I qualified for 6500 in rebates

Ok so not $10k in rebates/incentives.

You’re lumping it all together? So you saying it’s only a $3500 discount plus $6500 in rebates?

Nova90

Reaction score
My dealer said he couldn’t lock in the incentive price. I just found the post with a link from Chrysler saying they allow the price protection for incentives....do you think if I emailed him or went in and showed him he would adjust the paperwork to lock in the price? I also have a refundable deposit and could always tell him I will cancel the order if he won’t honor ?
Why wouldn't you want to be able to pick the better of the available incentives at order time or delivery? That's why the program exists, to protect you as the consumer for any changes in available incentives.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Ok so not $10k in rebates/incentives.

You’re lumping it all together? So you saying it’s only a $3500 discount plus $6500 in rebates?
Yes. I don’t have the paperwork in front of me but that is roughly what it came out to be.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't generally care for these kinds of threads because the only thing that matters is that you like the deal and like the truck. I think you did OK though for what it's worth :)

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I don't generally care for these kinds of threads because the only thing that matters is that you like the deal and like the truck. I think you did OK though for what it's worth :)

and like I said, regardless if others say I could have gotten thousands more off, I still got the truck I wanted at the price point I was willing to pay. In fact, I almost went to another state for a used bighorn for the exact same price. Phew

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
email and ask them to look at "sold order consumer incentive protection". I ordered 1/9 and my dealer said they couldn't lock in incentives. I brought this program to their attention 3/1 and they researched it and said they have all the tools necessary to retroactively apply January's incentives if they are better than when the truck arrives. if they say they can't... maybe not trustworthy.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Did the dealer say the price you agreed upon is the max you will pay for the truck? He could lock those incentives in on an ordered truck. You would have I believe 5 days to pick up the truck when it arrives to keep them. Atleast that is what my dealership is doing.

but overall if you are happy with the deal that is all that matters. Congrats
I believe when I read the program details you have 14 days to pick it up or you can't take the incentives when you ordered it.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe when I read the program details you have 14 days to pick it up or you can't take the incentives when you ordered it.
Yes Travis, you are correct. As @Silent Bob had posted this so you should be absolutely able to get it.

Attachments

• 1615467856431.png
    1615467856431.png
    837.7 KB · Views: 13

Silent Bob

Reaction score
If you are going to factory order a truck, and do not want to do a "fly & drive" or have it shipped, get a quote from Phillip. He will give you a much better price, lock in the incentives, and arrange for a free Courtesy Delivery from the factory to a dealership closer to you. See this link for details LINK

Arron will also give you a great deal but I don't think he is arranging courtesy deliveries yet.

As far as your current offer. It sounds like you are right around Affiliate Pricing which is 1% below invoice with no negotiation needed. Anyone and everyone can get that price if they know about it. The highest I would recommend anyone pay, who is trying to negotiate a low price, is 5% below invoice before incentives/rebates. If you are not using one of the forums low price volume dealers this can take a lot of work. Whether saving $1000-$5000 is worth that work is up to each individual.

The main thing is that you get the truck you want. With a factory order that should be the case. Be happy with your final purchase and enjoy it.

Last edited:

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Do rear wheel well liners come on this package? The ram build website picture shows wheel liners, but I can’t find them listed in any of the packages I ordered? I find it weird that they wouldn’t be apart of the off-road group?
‘21 bighorn CC
Sport package
Off-road package
Level 1 equip

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do rear wheel well liners come on this package? The ram build website picture shows wheel liners, but I can’t find them listed in any of the packages I ordered? I find it weird that they wouldn’t be apart of the off-road group?
‘21 bighorn CC
Sport package
Off-road package
Level 1 equip

They are a $195 stand-alone option

Nova90

Reaction score
It's crazy that they don't come standard on $50,000 + trucks, but you do need to order them as the $195 option.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I did a quick google search and it looks like rough country and mopar make some for around $100. Beats the $200 they charge in a build

Users who are viewing this thread