5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So here is an odd one

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this morning I am sitting in my RAM, downloading a video file off my FitCamX, I wanted to grab 2 of them. I had just come back from shopping so I let the engine idle while I did this as the camera has to be powered up, sure, I could have shout it off and use ACC mode, but I didn't.
Almost to the end of the second save, about 8 minutes, the horn beeps once, the display switches to tire pressure and the 4 way flashers start.
I t would not let me shut off the flashers until I shut off the truck and when I started it again the display was still on the tire screen and all my tires are at the correct pressure according to the screen.
Cleared that by going back to my MPH screen and all is normal again.
I mean what the heck was that all about?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you were in Tire Fill Mode

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never used it, but I think it’s only activated if you go to that app on Uconnect. Did you accidentally change to that screen somehow? Or maybe your Uconnect just glitched

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve never used it, but I think it’s only activated if you go to that app on Uconnect. Did you accidentally change to that screen somehow? Or maybe your Uconnect just glitched
I don't think this has anything to do with connect.
The hazards on before has happened to me when I put air in the tires but only like 1/10 times lol. It's suppose to be some safety feature if it think you are broken on the road. It just kind of happens.

Snekpete

Reaction score
This has happened to a lot of us, it has nothing to do with Uconect, it is the TPMS system. I just turn off tire fill assist.

Drove the truck to the Appalachian Trail, about a 15 minute drive. Walked for an hour and came back. Started the truck, let the Uconnect stabilize, set the temperature to low, then back up to 62. The horn blows once, the emergency flashers come on and the center console display switches from MPH to Tire Pressure. I tried manually turning on and off the flashers with no effect. Maybe ten seconds later the flashers turn themselves off and everything returns to normal after that. I manually reset the console.

4,400 miles, the first Gremlin. It seems like it could have been a low voltage condition but I didn't check the voltage until after everything returned to normal. It seemed like the AC compressor kicked on when I set the temp to low and that triggered a gremlin.

Thanks Jeff! I did a forum search with "horn emergency flashers" and that thread did not come up. Clearly that is the relevant thread to what I experienced. My Rebel specs the front tires at 55psi and the rears at 45. The TPS shows 59/59 and 46/48. Perhaps one of the fronts hit 60 on the TPS? But who cares, the tires are rated to at least 70.

Anyway, I went into the Uconnect settings and turned off tire fill assist. I hope that gets rid of this gremlin. Thanks again!

But the Uconnect is buggy. Mine will, on occasion, show the wrong time at initial startup, then it updates to the correct time.

Users who are viewing this thread