5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So got my wheels and tires on...slight rub...will level help?

RonBang

Reaction score
So as one of my other posts said I got some wheels and tires. 20x10 33x12.5 -25
stock suspension. All the posts I’ve seen it was 50/50 it they would rub. They rub. For example say the driver side tire. You turn full left it’s rubbing down low on plastics. Turn other way slight slight rub in the front plastic. It’s not bad I can drive around fine just full turn it rubs .
Would a 2-2.5 inch level fix this problem?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Jeopardy theme song playing...
Lift it,
Like the Rough Country Leveling struts and while you are at it, change the upper Control arms to Rough Country also. getting rid of the plastic control arms from the factory.
(I should stand corrected and say the OEM control arms are plastic with a metal cap on top)

RonBang

Reaction score
I don’t got the money to lift it. Was just trying to see if putting a leveling kit on would do the trick. I see all kInds of people with this setup on here and FB forums sayin it fits with stock and some sayin it rubs and level fixed it. So was just asking trying to get a confirmation if it does. Or bilstein 5100’s. It’s just s slight slight rub...so I’m thinking a level would fix it.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I don’t got the money to lift it. Was just trying to see if putting a leveling kit on would do the trick. I see all kInds of people with this setup on here and FB forums sayin it fits with stock and some sayin it rubs and level fixed it. So was just asking trying to get a confirmation if it does. Or bilstein 5100’s. It’s just s slight slight rub...so I’m thinking a level would fix it.
Rough country leveling struts are like 350.00 and the upper control arms are about the same price, just levels the front end out and helps alleviate the rubbing. plus getting rid of those plastic control arms is worth it alone.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Yes, any level option would alleviate the slight rubbing you are having. Replacement of the UCAs is not needed until you start getting in the 2.5"+ lift area.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Yes, any level option would alleviate the slight rubbing you are having. Replacement of the UCAs is not needed until you start getting in the 2.5"+ lift area.
yes replacing the UCA's is not necessary but my buddy was off roading recently and one broke out in the woods and one of his UCA broke, not a fun time to fix in the middle of the woods.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
yes replacing the UCA's is not necessary but my buddy was off roading recently and one broke out in the woods and one of his UCA broke, not a fun time to fix in the middle of the woods.
That's the first report I've heard of one of the factory UCAs breaking. So, chances are extremely slim that this would happen to the OP.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
That's the first report I've heard of one of the factory UCAs breaking. So, chances are extremely slim that this would happen to the OP.
extremely thin chance, but im not taking any chances the OEM UCA's are plastic with a metal cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online