5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow removal

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are only taking 5-10 minutes to remove snow from your vehicle you are not removing every flake. This is illegal. Please turn yourself in to the nearest form of law enforcement. Make sure you are wearing a mask while driving by yourself as well.

Want to come watch me do it in 5-10 minutes? I can show you how to do it if no one ever has.

jth877

Reaction score
Want to come watch me do it in 5-10 minutes? I can show you how to do it if no one ever has.

OK, I'll come over and watch. Every flake now... any flakes remain you fail. Even under the wipers or you get a ticket.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Park in the garage...
@Scap beat me to it. If you are to lazy to clean snow off your vehicle, park in a garage.

I don't agree that you need to clean the bed out, after all you can haul whatever you want and a bit of weight in the bed can be good for traction. You should clean up all the flat surfaces that snow, ice, whatever can slide off of when going at speed.

These are mass produced pickup trucks. It's not a collectable vintage Jaguar. If sweeping snow off is just too much for the precious paint to bear, perhaps just wrap it in a cozy fleece blanket and park it in the living room next to the crackling fireplace until the spring thaw.

It's not about a law or a fine. It's about being a decent person.

LouNY

Reaction score
I live in NY. NO ONE complies with that ill conceived Karen law. No one I have ever met has been fined for such a thing. I will not clean snow off if it's 3 inches or under. The hazard is ice coming in sheets from tractor trailers and smashing windshields. Powder snow is a non issue.

And yes, I've been hit with it more than once. If people are afraid of driving in the winter please move or stay off the roads. IMHO, private snow plows leaving mounds of snow on an otherwise clear road or excessive salt usage is more of a hazard.
I live in this damned state also, I have seen people ticketed for the offense.
And I was glad to see it happen.
Damned fools scrape a 3" hole in the center and drive off at 45-50 with snow blowing every which way and they can't see a damned thing and don't care about other drivers.

zlman

Reaction score
Remove all snow. People that only do the windows and leave 6" of snow on the roof to blow off, and ruin other peoples visibility, creates road hazards. It is illegal in some states even for private vehicles, not just commercial. Ticket can be up to $1,000. Check you state laws. Not sure about NJ, but your neighbor PA will give you a $1,000 ticket.
Do you carry a ladder, because that would be the only way I could clear the cab and topper. And I'm not doing that.

Conundrum

Reaction score
I park in my garage except when I'm at work (sometimes for 16 hours). I know I'm going to miss cleaning snow off the Subaru I traded in (I'm 5'4").

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you carry a ladder, because that would be the only way I could clear the cab and topper. And I'm not doing that.

So everyone around you can just go F themselves then? It's not other peoples fault you chose to have a vehicle and accessory you're incapable of clearing.

At 6'2" with extendable snow brush I can clear my roof from drivers side to passenger side all from the drivers side, with ease. How short would you have to be to not be able to at least get it by working both sides if you couldn't push it all off from one side? Apologies in advance if you are like 4' tall.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its just common sense, you don't need to clean off every flake but you shouldn't have 1 foot of snow on the top of your truck going down the road. The windows and lights should be clear for visibility. I usually keep the brush slightly off the paint to avoid scratches when using my snow brush.

BigD

Reaction score
People on this site are way too worried about their trucks. I use a snow brush. I go thru car washes. If I seen one of my neighbors outside drying or removing snow from their truck with a leaf blower I'd laugh my a double s off ! Yuppies! All these damn yuppies buying trucks these days I tell u. Drive the damn thing. It's a stinking truck. Who gives a crap if it gets some scratches. Holy cow don't people have better things to do then spend all day washing & waxing their truck? 🤣

zlman

Reaction score
So everyone around you can just go F themselves then? It's not other peoples fault you chose to have a vehicle and accessory you're incapable of clearing.

At 6'2" with extendable snow brush I can clear my roof from drivers side to passenger side all from the drivers side, with ease. How short would you have to be to not be able to at least get it by working both sides if you couldn't push it all off from one side? Apologies in advance if you are like 4' tall.
I'm 5'9", have an extendable brush, and I'm telling you "I cannot clear the top".
Does that mean everyone can go F themselves, no, I clear what I'm able to and sleep soundly at night knowing this.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People on this site are way too worried about their trucks. I use a snow brush. I go thru car washes. If I seen one of my neighbors outside drying or removing snow from their truck with a leaf blower I'd laugh my a double s off ! Yuppies! All these damn yuppies buying trucks these days I tell u. Drive the damn thing. It's a stinking truck. Who gives a crap if it gets some scratches. Holy cow don't people have better things to do then spend all day washing & waxing their truck?

Well if my truck was white I wouldn’t be so picky. But it’s not and black shows everything. So I’ll use my leaf blower. Who the #%^€ want a scratch to hell looking truck.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

DiamondBack HD 1600 lbs, Renegade I believe 2000 lbs.
I have the HD, makes washing the cab top easy, no more assistance needed, well maybe the bedstep.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm 5'9", have an extendable brush, and I'm telling you "I cannot clear the top".
Does that mean everyone can go F themselves, no, I clear what I'm able to and sleep soundly at night knowing this.

Well you got me then, you're around my daughters height and she can clear the top of my truck off completely. She does have to go at it from both sides, but she's able to do it without steps or ladders. Must be long arms.

Your first post was worded, or I read it as "I'm not going to carry a ladder so I'm not going to clear the top of my truck off" but I misunderstood that. Thanks for at least trying to get all of the snow off, I wish more people would just at least make the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread