5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow chains recommendation for 22 inch tires

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone has experience with snow chains for 22 inch tires. I live in the NL so most likely I’ll have to import them from the US. Only comparable car with same wheel size is the model X.

I found the Konig K Summit XXL K77, very expensive. Made from gold I guess.

Thanks!

cheers,

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This information can be found in your owner's manual, as well as elsewhere on this forum. You need to use Class S tire traction devices. I know it doesn't list the stock 22's, but if the tire width is the same (275mm), then you can follow the owner's manual instructions here.
1575165732456.png

1575165974062.png

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
This information can be found in your owner's manual, as well as elsewhere on this forum. You need to use Class S tire traction devices. I know it doesn't list the stock 22's, but if the tire width is the same (275mm), then you can follow the owner's manual instructions here.

Thanks for the info.

I was however looking for actual snow chain owners who can give a recommendation for a particular snow chain brand and model which will fit on my 285/45 22 inch tyres.

this tyre size is not a common size here in NL.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I was however looking for actual snow chain owners who can give a recommendation for a particular snow chain brand and model which will fit on my 285/45 22 inch tyres.

22 inch tires aren't common anywhere.. I'm here all night..

Back on subject. I can't help.. I live in Houston.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
You will want to double check me on these...but I put them on my list for potential options in a jam. Any, "tire chain" is something only to run up to about 20mph in, for the worst ice imaginable.

I had similar cable chains for my GMC and one came apart and whipped up around my fender wells, causing paint damage above the wheel well. We were in a bind, should have cut it off, should have gone slower, pulling a snowmobile trailer on very icy roads, etc. Did the job, but it was a, "one time" use.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Peerless makes several models of chain that will fit your particular tire size.
ZT751 Super Z
Z-583 Z Chain- I have these exact chains and they work great.
SZ-451 super Z6
0232805 autotrac

jonnyt

Reaction score
I went to a local NAPA store to find some Z chains, the guy comes back with a riped open bag from China and wanted 182 dollars for them. I asked if they price matched, they said they do for local business but not online because places like "Amazon does not have to pay the middle man". Amazon wants 93 dollars for the same Z-583 chains. Hell of a mark up middle man. I will take next day delivery to the door, thank you.

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
Dear RAM friends, I have received the chains and today was a good day to try out the installation. Went pretty smooth and chains are of good quality ( first impression). No snow here, but will go out on a skiing trip next month in France. More info will follow for anyone interested.

Very happy with the fast US Amazon delivery (a good week). Additional taxes and shipping fees almost added the same cost as the chains itself, but still cheaper than Dutch sellers (300 - 600! Euro range).

Have a great day all!

303E6285-6FB4-4C9D-9EF5-2691C3611EE3.jpeg
077786DA-803A-4FCC-9CF0-0825CF19D571.jpeg
640A4222-3C3C-4290-9CFC-AABBE4321E45.jpeg
42699E81-304F-40CC-B402-E6B0C69F4273.jpeg

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I’d been reading this trying to figure out why chains were needed in the Netherlands, but I’m now convinced they were a good idea looking at your tires and your ski trip plans! :LOL:

Enjoy your trip! Here in New England, we can’t seem to get any snow without some rain too. :cautious:(n)

Users who are viewing this thread