"Smoke" from exhaust on start up?

7amada

Reaction score
So I just purchased a 19 Rebel 2 weeks ago. It only has 700 miles on the motor.

This is probably normal (noob here), but this is my routine. I am a smoker and do not smoke in my cars. So I remote start the car and smoke a cigerrette before I begin my commute. I am starting to notice a significant amount of smoke/condensate out of my exhaust. See the video attached.

Is this normal? I don't remember any of my previous cars doing this. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!!

7amada

Reaction score
Yes it definitely is white and water makes sense.

is that normal / ok?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be normal. What is the outside air temperature where you live?

MattF

Reaction score
Yes it definitely is white and water makes sense.

is that normal / ok?
Yes it is - water is a byproduct of combustion. You may at times see water actually dripping from the exhaust tips after starting the truck.

Matt

7amada

Reaction score
Yes it is - water is a byproduct of combustion. You may at times see water actually dripping from the exhaust tips after starting the truck.

Matt
I do see water
Figured it was normal. Just wanted to triple check.

thanks guys

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I do see water
Figured it was normal. Just wanted to triple check.

thanks guys
Remember that if conditions are right for condensation, it'll form inside the exhaust components and end up pooled in the low spots. Older mufflers, resonators, etc. had weep holes for this reason. I don't know if the newer stuff still has these.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Remember that if conditions are right for condensation, it'll form inside the exhaust components and end up pooled in the low spots. Older mufflers, resonators, etc. had weep holes for this reason. I don't know if the newer stuff still has these.
They do. Some members have welded theirs up for sound improvement, but at the risk of rust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)