5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smaller Key Fob

41magmag41

Reaction score
My fob is also a phaser

iu
i got gipped mine isnt a phaser, please provide part number, lol

DomW

Reaction score
who has house keys to add? Don't you just go through the garage? I can honestly say I don't even know where my house key is and have lived here 13 yrs original owner.
What do you do if the power is out when you get home? I am curious as this home I'm in is the first with a garage door opener. Thirty years with a carport only big enough for a lawn mower. As for keys, I just keep a single house key in with my nickels, dimes and an odd washer from who-knows-what. Nobody uses that pocket anymore. :unsure:

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you do if the power is out when you get home? I am curious as this home I'm in is the first with a garage door opener. Thirty years with a carport only big enough for a lawn mower. As for keys, I just keep a single house key in with my nickels, dimes and an odd washer from who-knows-what. Nobody uses that pocket anymore. :unsure:
I am not sure why the power would be out other than a storm. We have lost power due to snowstorms but my garage door opener is battery backup. Never once have been locked out.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am not sure why the power would be out other than a storm. We have lost power due to snowstorms but my garage door opener is battery backup. Never once have been locked out.
A few years ago we lost power when a squirrel got into a distribution box at the entrance of our development ☠️. Don't know how or why, but he was a crispy critter, and it was a few hours before they got it back online

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
who has house keys to add? Don't you just go through the garage? I can honestly say I don't even know where my house key is and have lived here 13 yrs original owner.
This might work if my garage was attached to my house :ROFLMAO:

DTN

Reaction score
The strange thing about the south ... many home owners have large attached garages but you still see many newer trucks and cars parked outside. :unsure:

My house has a large attached garage and both truck and car is always parked inside. I even keep my tractor and boats inside my pole barn as well as atv and lawnmower in the basement.

My neighbors say we never know when your home ... ;)

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Installed a number pad on the front door. Takes a 9V battery that lasts several years at a go. Starts blinking to let you know when the battery is getting low. Between that and the garage door opener, I have no idea if we even have keys for the door locks anymore.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to try and see if a Jeep Grand Cherokee fob will program..I have a 19 grand Cherokee, and it has passive entry, push button start, remote start, etc, and I'm wondering if that fob will program into a ram.

I've taken both fobs apart, RAM and Jeep, and the printed circuit board is basically the same size..its just the case of the RAM fob that massive.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I want to try and see if a Jeep Grand Cherokee fob will program..I have a 19 grand Cherokee, and it has passive entry, push button start, remote start, etc, and I'm wondering if that fob will program into a ram.

I've taken both fobs apart, RAM and Jeep, and the printed circuit board is basically the same size..its just the case of the RAM fob that massive.
Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never owned a Jeep of any kind. Are the fobs that much smaller?

DLT123

Reaction score
That works great until the day you come home during a thunderstorm, and the power is out… Ask me how I know 😃
That's why all of my exterior doors have battery-powered keypad deadbolt locks. I hate carrying keys.

sparty569

Reaction score
I would love a small fob. I have 4 keys, in a Keysmart, with the Fob and a small olight flashlight. When I put it in my pocket, with my flashlight, and my other EDC pouch (which by itself is fine) the huge fob is in the way.
I wish I could take out the chip, put it on a small key, and use that to unlock the doors, and put them back in my pocket, and start the car, since the chip is there.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
I just came from a Jeep Wrangler. Talk about a huge key fob. I’m happy with the Ram Key fob. And it’s much better designed. Same company, seems like one brand could learn from the other.

Users who are viewing this thread