5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slippery Running board?

Gnix

Reaction score
Hi guys.

It’s been raining here in Canada and soon be snowing! These OEM running boards have been such a pain for me and my daughter to get on because it’s slippery.

Has anyone bed line or used some kind of spray on their OEM running boards?

I been thinking something to DYI the whole with rustoleum/raptor truck bed liner or just the plastic trim area.

Could use some advice!
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_7252.jpeg
    IMG_7252.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 18

Av1

Reaction score
There are several companies that make anti-skid paint. I would just do the plastic pieces you step on after using adhesive promoter.

That should take care of it.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
All kinds of things you can add for tread, but best money I have spent was adding the retracting step boards on this truck.
I feel like all the stationary ones are inset too far and poor traction like you already found.
Bust your *** once in the snow/ice trying to get in and slipping on the board and you’ll be looking for different options.

Gnix

Reaction score
I don’t want to break the wallet lol. Also the snow/ice build up will stop the retractable from going downwards. I heard they would break easily. But just one’s opinion.

I don’t have much option here (ez liner,rustoleum,dupicolor, Herculiner and raptor)

Best bet after doing research is
-Raptor 1k @ $75/can Amazon
-Rustoleum bed liner spray $20/can homedepot

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Heard all those stories as well. I’m on 3 yrs and plenty of snow and crud. Never skipped a beat this far.
I just had a warlock as a loaner for a week and wanted to kill myself. Reminded my how bad the standard steps really were.

You can try to stick on tread steps, but they might not stick too well. I’m sure some companies have something that screws into the stock boards that’s more roughed up

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t want to break the wallet lol. Also the snow/ice build up will stop the retractable from going downwards. I heard they would break easily. But just one’s opinion.

I don’t have much option here (ez liner,rustoleum,dupicolor, Herculiner and raptor)

Best bet after doing research is
-Raptor 1k @ $75/can Amazon
-Rustoleum bed liner spray $20/can homedepot
I just got the power steps on mine. A friend has had them for 3 years in Michigan winters with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread