5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration when in park

HEMI19

Reaction score
mine started at 10k miles. Premium fuel made no difference. Mine is sporadic. only when hot though. I think its a lean condition....just a guess though....

I’m thinking lean running condition as well, has to be something with the ECU, intake manifold or throttle plate, I don’t think it’s ignition or fuel related but it’s driving me crazy. Dealer said they couldn’t replicate the condition, I had an O2 sensor code (P0137, Bank 1 Sensor 2 low voltage) which they shrugged off and reset, said it was a fluke but it’s definitely sensing something is up. I notice it after cold start especially but it will do it when hot after it’s been sitting for awhile too. I wonder if disconnecting the O2 sensors will clear it up? I wouldn’t run it that way for long but just to test things out I might try it.

75Jimmy

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel with the NA 5.7 with 5,500 miles that has a slight earthquake feeling when idling in park at operating temperature. I did a full engine diagnostic and am not that worried about it as of right now. Sounds like a normal thing with these Hemi engines. I guess if it starts misfiring then I'll take it to the dealer. I do have an intake and catback exhaust on it, wondering if that plays any role somehow. Anybody else experiencing this have mods?

RSZ

Reaction score
There is a bit of a lope to the engine while at idle. I think it's just the nature of the beast. Most V8 engines I've driven do it. I think with the HEMI it's just a little more pronounced.

If they bumped the idle 50 or 100 RPM would probably go away.

Prime1299

Reaction score
Hi RodRow,
If this continues to happen, please feel free to send us a private message and we will gladly assist you while your truck is at the dealer.
Lydia
Ram Social Care Specialsit
Hi this i David with Optimus Prime inc,
One of our corporate vehicles is 2019 ram 1500 Laramie ,initiated rough idling vibration has been addressed three different occasions in dealership Napletons Arlington Heighs,il with no success,
Vibration at idle is very pronounced dealship is stating that cylinder #6 is misfiring but not enough to have checks engine light turn on,
Vehicle is stationary no employee is driving it at this time ,our legal team is notified all documents and dealeship statments are forwarded.
Feel free to contact me regarding this matter
OPTIMUS PRIME INC ,
David Fratto Operations Manager
Email- [email protected]

Aristizabalj

Reaction score
I’ve been having this problem for months now in addition with lots of water under the passenger mat, sometimes I feel this vibration several times a day, I always have the Auto shut off deactivated so when stop in red lights I can feel it, once in a while it shakes like an old car and I think is gonna shut off by itself, I took it to the dealer and after four days they said they updated the software and what a frustration that even the same day and far from the dealer the truck was doing exactly the same and also told me that they couldn’t find any leak or problem, I had to wait for my truck four days and I received it with the same two problems and with half of the gas tank less, I guess they had it running for long times. When I took it back they told me that, as they can’t see any problem with the OBD I had to sign a paper where I have to pay 300 something if they can’t find the problems and regarding the leak they said that if something is clogged I will have to pay, I’ve had this truck for less than a year, so I prefered not to leave it because for sure they were gonna say I’m crazy making this out, I’m glad I’m not the only one, I knew something is wrong or out of balance. Any advice? Is frustrating buying a new vehicle and find problems like this. Thanks in advance for your advices.

Users who are viewing this thread