5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight rub/hum/shake when turning right

Texas415

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie that just broke 50k miles. Past few weeks I have noticed a slight "rub" noise when turning right when pulling into a parking garage, etc. Call it around 5-10mph. The sound ultimately sounds like a tire rubbing against a fender, yet that is not the case. When it happens there is a slight shake in my steering wheel and the sound produced is like a rub/humming noise. Only last a few seconds, and only happens turning right. Nor does it happen every time turning right or even hard right, call it once every 10 or so turns. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and what the cause was.

reb0957

Reaction score
I have the same issue turning left. 2019 4x4 off road group, everything is stock. it is only when i lightly press the brakes, turning left, going up hill. Mine is a slight grinding type sound and I feel it in steering wheel.

jws1982

Reaction score
I’ve seen it in two 2019’s. The shake and noise are from the electronic power steering. Most likely a programming / software issue. Of course, Ram just says “duh, we don’t know” and “that’s normal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reb0957

Reaction score
This is getting worse weekly. Not consistent enough to bring it back in to the shop. Everything looks fine, nothing loose or jacked up.
Anyone have any ideas? Could the power steering be beginning to fail?

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Here is another thread on this that may help zero in on what it is. There is a video in one of the posts, too.

Users who are viewing this thread