5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sliding back glass

Hdaigle96

Reaction score
Bought a 2019 Laramie Sport with the Alpine audio system a few weeks ago, I love the truck except for one.. simple.. thing..

The sliding back glass rattles with some bass pitches. Anyone having this problem? Troubleshooting besides turning the bass down? Lol

Jordan2929

Reaction score
There has been several threads about this. Take some thin foam pieces or maybe even felt and put it between the top of the sliding glass and the plastic track it rides in. In my case it was only needed on the drivers side top corner, Haven't heard the rattle since.

Hdaigle96

Reaction score
There has been several threads about this. Take some thin foam pieces or maybe even felt and put it between the top of the sliding glass and the plastic track it rides in. In my case it was only needed on the drivers side top corner, Haven't heard the rattle since.
Sweet, appreciate the help man

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought my sliding glass was rattling, turned up some music, slid into the back seat, pressed around the edges of the slider, could not eliminate the vibration. Mine was actually the rear defrost wire resting inside the metal channel on the passenger side back glass. I ran a bead of black RTV along side the wire inside the channel, and vibration is gone.

Hdaigle96

Reaction score
I thought my sliding glass was rattling, turned up some music, slid into the back seat, pressed around the edges of the slider, could not eliminate the vibration. Mine was actually the rear defrost wire resting inside the metal channel on the passenger side back glass. I ran a bead of black RTV along side the wire inside the channel, and vibration is gone.
I will check this out as well! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread