5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sliding back glass issue

Bighorn322

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been covered, has anyone had this issue of a wire sticking up when the back glass is open? Sorry. I didn’t have any luck with a search. 33617E44-9D98-487E-88A4-87438D34759E.jpeg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll have to look at mine from outside , I’ve never noticed it on mine .

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That looks like the cable that controls and moves the sliding glass and is connected to the glass motor. With that being said, it should not be visible like that when the window is open. Maybe a trip to the dealer is in order.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think I've opened mine more than two times in the 15 months I've owned my truck. But that's not normal. I agree with securityguy about the cable. Probably just needs an adjustment. A dealer visit is advised, especially if you're still under warranty. Just know that fixing it will probably require removing the back seat and rear wall covers to gain access to the motor and cable.

Bighorn322

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. I knew that couldn’t be right! I bought the truck used (25k miles) but I do have warranty on it. Looks like I need to contact my dealer and let them take a look!

Users who are viewing this thread