5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleeping in the truck ideas, back seat mattress

kiluakiller

Reaction score
Although it's been a year since this discussion, I thought I'd share some thoughts. Sleeping in a truck can be a handy backup option for those spontaneous adventures. If you're looking for affordable options, inflatable air mattresses or memory foam pads can work well, but it's important to consider the size and compatibility with your truck model. Regarding climate control, some trucks offer auxiliary power options, allowing you to use heating or cooling without running the engine and draining the battery.
By the way, I'd also recommend you to check out this artcle on how to wash a down sleeping bag. They offer valuable insights to help you keep your sleeping bag fresh and clean.

Last edited:

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
@kiluakiller the crew cab DEFINITELY has plenty of room of spontaneous activity, planned activity as well. I do wonder if the pano takes away from the insulation value, though, for actual sleeping. It would also be nice if it could vent with the shade closed, for airflow without being open open.
@millerbjm definite win for the 6'4" box! No topper, but I got a (tri-fold) tonneau and BedRug liner. I camped out with my boys once last summer, they had a kick outta that

Users who are viewing this thread