5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleeping in Rebel

Recon66

Reaction score
On long trips I sleep in the vehicle, with the key fob in my pocket anyone could open the door. They would get shot but what to do? Wrap in tin foil or what

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure about that? If I lock the doors from inside w/the Key inside the cab, the exterior handles don't unlock the truck (anti-carjacking iirc).

...but to be sure, I'm going to test it again tonight.

That said, yes, you could pop it in a foil pouch or get a 'faraday pouch' or rfid pouch online for cheap.

Recon66

Reaction score
Sure about that? If I lock the doors from inside w/the Key inside the cab, the exterior handles don't unlock the truck (anti-carjacking iirc).

...but to be sure, I'm going to test it again tonight.

That said, yes, you could pop it in a foil pouch or get a 'faraday pouch' or rfid pouch online for cheap.
Thanks I will try that

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
On long trips I sleep in the vehicle, with the key fob in my pocket anyone could open the door. They would get shot but what to do? Wrap in tin foil or what
??? You can still lock the truck while inside. Try it.

wrcrallysport

Reaction score
if you lock your key in the truck it will not unlock via the passive entry system you will have to get another key and unlock it

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is for the Heavy Duty's as they are still using the 4th generation cab/body and don't have a flat floor in the rear seat area. The 5th generation cab has a flat floor.

Ah thanks for that - the video was 4WD Magazine's review of the '19 Powerwagon, they mentioned somthing about not having a flat floor compared to the rebel, but then showed that image, which I thought might be a kit ... makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread