5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skyjacker vs rancho uca's feedback

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thinking about upgrading uca's
both skyjacker and rancho have good reviews. they look very similar and cost is about the same.
I did notice the rancho uca's have a note on some websites not for trucks with off road package but I am not sure that makes sense since they work on rebels. Any body have any feedback on these two. I feel like I have seen a few members with skyjackers but couldn't find their post.

Jedi9

Reaction score
I'm running the Ranchos and have no problems with them. They provide alignment specs. They provide torque specs. I've heard they use Moog ball joints but can't confirm. They come with spring spacers to use with their struts but I didn't use them, paired them with Bilsteins. I can't comment on Skyjacker as I haven't used them. I once won a 3 1/2" Skyjacker lift but sold it on Marketplace and put together a Frankenlift. I would recommend the Ranchos over the Mopar upgrade, Readylift, Skyjacker, Rough Country, Max Trac, or any of the cheaper arms that seemed to have just flooded the market. Rancho provides a needed niche in the market in my opinion. Have run their 9000 shocks 8-9 years on my Jeep without a hiccup.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm running the Ranchos and have no problems with them. They provide alignment specs. They provide torque specs. I've heard they use Moog ball joints but can't confirm. They come with spring spacers to use with their struts but I didn't use them, paired them with Bilsteins. I can't comment on Skyjacker as I haven't used them. I once won a 3 1/2" Skyjacker lift but sold it on Marketplace and put together a Frankenlift. I would recommend the Ranchos over the Mopar upgrade, Readylift, Skyjacker, Rough Country, Max Trac, or any of the cheaper arms that seemed to have just flooded the market. Rancho provides a needed niche in the market in my opinion. Have run their 9000 shocks 8-9 years on my Jeep without a hiccup.
cool, thanks for the feedback

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These brands are literally a downgrade. They are the worst suspension companies on the planet. I would even go with Rough Country before I went with this garbage. A slight upgrade from there would be BDS.
thanks for the feedback, ideally I would have like to go with JBA which I have use in the pass but they are almost double the $
I will keep an eye on the market place sometimes good deals pop out, otherwise I will give the ranchos a chance based on good reviews and hopefully they won't let me down

Jedi9

Reaction score
I really think for their pricepoint they are a good buy. they have a limited lifetime warranty on suspension components

Users who are viewing this thread