5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skid plate swap

Tacoma2TRX

Reaction score
Any Rebel owners thought about swapping skid plates with a TRX? Everyone has their preferences, so I assume some rebel owners may prefer the gray/silver skid plate from the TRX?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most of the Rebels have a silver skid plate. The Black Appearance Package has a black skid plate.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the TRX skid plate even a direct swap with a Rebel?

Tacoma2TRX

Reaction score
Is the TRX skid plate even a direct swap with a Rebel?
Guys on the TRX forum seem to think it is.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It would be easier to have your skid plate powder coated black or better yet, get it sprayed by Line X or Rhino Lining.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I brought mine to a local Line X shop and they did it for $60. I did all the work uninstalling and reinstalling but it came out great.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would be easier to have your skid plate powder coated black or better yet, get it sprayed by Line X or Rhino Lining.
Easier because you are paying someone else to do it I guess

Tacoma2TRX

Reaction score
Hardest part of this whole thing seems to be getting the darn bumper/skid plate off. Whether I find someone, buy one or just have it painted seems to be far easier than the bumper removal process. Watched a couple videos and read a few threads where people are really hyping up how difficult the removal process is.

GARebel19

Reaction score
The whole bumper/skid plate comes off the truck easily. Once I got the bumper off I brought it in my living room to separatethe skid plate. The videos on YouTube are a good guide. Nothing hard about it but it is time consuming to remove all the crap that you have to in order to get to all the skid plate bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread