5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sketchy dealer in California!

stevier2987

Reaction score
Did you finance through them? Because if so, this seems similar to "yo-yo financing".

Seems like, if you did finance thru them, they will next say that your financing must change to a used financing, which would liely be higher APR.

If you financed thru them, that means their cut is likely bigger (someone correct me if i am wrong please).

Motive would have been to get u out the door on something agreeable to you. Then, bring u back after you have come to rely on the vehicle to get you more likely to the worse loan terms, which favor them.

Maybe its what they're up to, maybe not.

https://www.hg.org/auto-dealer-fraud.html
well I got the truck for 40k, it was going for 35.6K but with tax and license stuff.. so it was a good deaL.. should try to get them to lower the price??? ALSO I called my bank and they said the interest rate would be a new car APR! I was preapproved thru my credit union and that's who financed the truck

stevier2987

Reaction score
Maybe TFL had it for one of their tests and they hard drove tested that thing. Gauntlet towing, smashing through mud, whatever.

Or maybe it had like thirty 10 mile test drives.
yeah they said the other owners financing fell thru the truck has running smoothly no issues but I am out of town for the holidays... so cant make it back to the dealership til friday

stevier2987

Reaction score
^^^ What he said! If you bought a "used" truck, you are due a lot of depreciation. Do not sign anything unless they are making it financially beneficial to you.

A lawyer once told me that a contract needs to be beneficial to BOTH parties. Anything you sign is a contract. Do not sign anything that says you acknowledge it is a used vehicle (which is beneficial to THEM) unless they give you a nice stack of $$$ (which is beneficial to YOU).

The choice should be: they reimburse you to your satisfaction, or they "unwind" this deal w/you.
^^^ What he said! If you bought a "used" truck, you are due a lot of depreciation. Do not sign anything unless they are making it financially beneficial to you.

A lawyer once told me that a contract needs to be beneficial to BOTH parties. Anything you sign is a contract. Do not sign anything that says you acknowledge it is a used vehicle (which is beneficial to THEM) unless they give you a nice stack of $$$ (which is beneficial to YOU).

The choice should be: they reimburse you to your satisfaction, or they "unwind" this deal w/you.

well I got the truck for 40k, it was going for 35.6K but with tax and license stuff.. so it was a good deaL.. should try to get them to lower the price??? ALSO I called my bank and they said the interest rate would be a new car APR! I was preapproved thru my credit union and that's who financed the truck

stevier2987

Reaction score
Read your original paperwork. Then read the paperwork they are offering. How does the paperwork differ? Did they give you a good deal that you are happy with on a used truck? Is it going to be certified preowned? I personally would just walk away unless there was something on the table that I couldn't live without.
well I got the truck for 40k, it was going for 35.6K but with tax and license stuff.. so it was a good deaL.. should try to get them to lower the price??? bighorn sport crewcab v8 4x4 towing

Users who are viewing this thread