5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skeptical dodge(ram)owner--is it just me?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
bought my first ever ram with the 2019 1500--what a comfortable truck! however, I have gotten used to the substandard a/c, the squeaky brakes, weird wind noise on driver side---now at 38k miles, the fuel pump goes out....that's a $1000 bill. I have always read consumer reports and other review sites with their suspect reviews of chrysler realibility issues seemingly forever, should I be worried? I don't want to be one of those owners whose dodge is on the side of the road having died. need some re-assurance, remember it's my first time to pull the trigger on a ram
Sounds like you've had your share of nagging problems. I'm just wondering why you needed to get used to them? Did you try to have the dealership fix those issues when it was still under warranty?

As far as the fuel pump goes, parts failures happen. It doesn't seem to be common for them to fail so soon based on my time in Ram forums. It's obviously an outlier. Sorry to hear you have to pay for it out of your own pocket, but the problems you're having aren't unique to Chrysler products.

GoMango16

Reaction score
Electric fuel pumps are usually covered under the emissions warranty.......

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Electric fuel pumps are usually covered under the emissions warranty.......
Would be a good thing to get an answer to for sure. This article suggests it could be...

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that a first time Ram buyer bought a early 2019. The DT launch was not well executed for a number of reasons. The 4th gen DS Ram were actually on par with Chevy and Ford, on average, over those years. However, as I listen to my friends and acquaintances with new F-series and Silverado's (who for the most part hate any other truck brand than the one they own), I'm amazed at the lack of concern with their trucks reliability even though they are having many problems with them. That's just one of the effects of brand loyalty. When a person becomes tribally attached to a nameplate, any negative experience is discounted because they convince themselves other brands must be worse.

When I owned Chevrolets I never had one that was as reliable as any of my Rams have been.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042227 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread