5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SKAR audio 12 inch enclosure and some other stuff...

Fbird

Reaction score
yes I have not loaded any on this site yet....but let me see what I can load up 20230822_213944.jpg 20230822_213936.jpg 20230822_213933.jpg

Reaction score
Recently upgraded my low end audio with the addition of a SKAR Audio single 12 underseat enclosure. Pretty good deal at 139.00 shipped on Amazon Prime.
Wound up having to ditch my underseat storage bin (replaced it with a storage bag which actually fit everything I had in that bin👍) but am really happy overall with the box. I do not regret giving up that space.
Very nice fit and finish. Solid build, clean carpet top, really nice. Sits flat and is designed with a elevated front to clear the floor mat as well.
Loaded it with an older JL Audio 12w1v2-4 sub and powered by a just as old JL Audio E1200 200 watt mono block amp I took out from my wife's car before we donated it years ago.
Also kept my Pioneer powered sub and am feeding it the preamp signal from the E1200. Watched a bunch of you tube videos to get mounting ideas and fabbed a plexiglass/wood panel to bolt to the back wall. Left extended tabs on plexi and used my heat gun to bend them into place, just like the videos, lol! Really happy how that board came out.
Unfortunately I suck at taking progress photos so all I got are after photos of the install. While I had the seats out, I also did the backrest mod.

I had previously upgraded my dash speakers to some JBL Club 322's and the doors to Infinity Primus 6x9's and 6.5's. I also upgraded from a PAC APSub to an AP4, and will install a JBL 4086DSP 8 channel amp when I get time.

Overall, super pleased with the end result. Lots of adjustable low end on tap now and much better audio quality with the speaker upgrades. Anyone considering the SKAR enclosure, I dont think you'll be disappointed for the price. You just have to be willing to give up the space for it.

View attachment 157935
View attachment 157936 View attachment 157952 View attachment 157947
View attachment 157949
View attachment 157951
Hey quick question, what did you use to convert your signal for the amp pre out? Did you use an LC2i or an amp pro kit? Currently using an Amppro ch41 kit on my 2020 and not happy with it.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey quick question, what did you use to convert your signal for the amp pre out? Did you use an LC2i or an amp pro kit? Currently using an Amppro ch41 kit on my 2020 and not happy with it.
Yes, I am using a CH41 without any issues. Prior, I was just using a APSub CH41, which only has one set of RCA’s. I bought the AmpPro off the buy sell here, had some initial install issues, so I reset to factory and have not had any problems with it.

Reaction score
Yes, I am using a CH41 without any issues. Prior, I was just using a APSub CH41, which only has one set of RCA’s. I bought the AmpPro off the buy sell here, had some initial install issues, so I reset to factory and have not had any problems with it.
Ok thanks. I'm running the APsub and feel the signal is very muddy haven't messed with setting the low volume through the PAC yet, did you make any adjustments or run it straight out the box?

Fbird

Reaction score
I had to still do a little bit of router work on the "scab plate" to allow MY pioneer speaker to sit flush. Also NOTE: the speaker mounting face and the TOP of the box are NOT parallel, so when you start finding the center of the opening pay attention. Your clearance hole will NOT look round.

Assembly: I did NOT USE WOOD SCREWS. Considering the entire idea here is to contain some xxx pressure SEALED, i chose TEE NUTS and machine screws, and upon final assembly used wood glue. Since the scab plate contacts the material on the bottom side of the seat i rounded/shaped all edges to prevent digging in. Lastly was to plug the PORT. I used 2 pcs of MDF glued n screwed together and cut out to fit the port opening. Simply PULL back the carpet inside the port install plug (i filed/sanded mine so it fit precise) with glue and a few wood screws from all sides. fold carpet back over plug with some spray adhesive.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm running the APsub and feel the signal is very muddy haven't messed with setting the low volume through the PAC yet, did you make any adjustments or run it straight out the box?
The APSub I installed right out of the box. The CH41, like I said, I bought used, so to ease the install I reset it to factory. Probably the one thing that does slightly irritate me with the CH41 is that at low volumes, the high end signal is very faint, like buried beneath the low end. Once I get it to a reasonable listening level, then the whole audio signal comes out.

gtovrit

Reaction score
T-harness.com offers a 2ch T-Harness, you get a mono signal and you can use it with an LOC. They offer some options or use your own. You plug in at the radio with their harness option.

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Hi All.

Considering this Skar Audio box to add a single 12" sub to my 2022 BH... but I wish it was sealed and not ported. Rats. Does anyone know of anything like this that's sealed??? If so, please share a link.

Thanks.

Fbird

Reaction score
Hi All.

Considering this Skar Audio box to add a single 12" sub to my 2022 BH... but I wish it was sealed and not ported. Rats. Does anyone know of anything like this that's sealed??? If so, please share a link.

Thanks.

seal it, I did. It's pretty easy fix

Users who are viewing this thread