5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site Ads - What's going on?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I understand having ads to pay bills, but why in the world is such a large number of them not relevant to this site's audience?
Every other ad I get is totally not related to anything myself or 99% of the folks here would ever buy.

1608739425264.png

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We had this happen before with a member. He was very angry about the enhancer adds he was getting. We explained that it used the searches from his search engine. We didn't hear back.

I would assume the ads still use cookies or what not to generate them.

So...was someone else searching for underwear with your search engine?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
We had this happen before with a member. He was very angry about the enhancer adds he was getting. We explained that it used the searches from his search engine. We didn't hear back.

I would assume the ads still use cookies or what not to generate them.

So...was someone else searching for underwear with your search engine?
Nope. Only user on this machine so def not.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Site ads on any site are based off of your search habits and nothing to do with the website. If you’re seeing ads that have no relation to your search habits, it could be because you block cookies or opted out of relevant ads. I always opt out and block so the ads I see are never relevant. To be honest, I like it that way. I don’t need to see ads about products I already know about that they are trying to wear on my sub-conscious that I need to buy it. I’d rather see ads about products I am not aware of.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Site ads on any site are based off of your search habits and nothing to do with the website. If you’re seeing ads that have no relation to your search habits, it could be because you block cookies or opted out of relevant ads. I always opt out and block so the ads I see are never relevant. To be honest, I like it that way. I don’t need to see ads about products I already know about that they are trying to wear on my sub-conscious that I need to buy it. I’d rather see ads about products I am not aware of.
I already knew this. That's why it is so mind boggling that the algorithm is so screwed up lately and wondering if anyone else was seeing this.

Cheers,

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I had the same ads pop up. Also cleared history. Some I dont mind looking at so much.

Users who are viewing this thread