5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SirriusXm Disappeared From Media Sources

gybob

Reaction score
Disconnected the battery, then reconnected it after an hour. Upon first power up, I had a "Radio Locked" message. The only thing that was on the controls menu was mirror dimmer. Upon second power up, the controls menu was properly populated, but I still have no SirriusXm on my media screen. On the Apps screen I can go to the SirriusXm screen and see Travel Link, Weather, Traffic, subscription info - all that, but no SirruisXm on the media screen. No satellite radio. Contacted Sirrius they sent a "refresh". No help.

Any ideas?

robber98

Reaction score
Disconnected the battery, then reconnected it after an hour. Upon first power up, I had a "Radio Locked" message. The only thing that was on the controls menu was mirror dimmer. Upon second power up, the controls menu was properly populated, but I still have no SirriusXm on my media screen. On the Apps screen I can go to the SirriusXm screen and see Travel Link, Weather, Traffic, subscription info - all that, but no SirruisXm on the media screen. No satellite radio. Contacted Sirrius they sent a "refresh". No help.

Any ideas?
. Isn’t sirius on the radio screen and not on the media screen?

gybob

Reaction score
. Isn’t sirius on the radio screen and not on the media screen?
On my system, the lower left icon says "Media". The screen that comes up when I press that icon, I call the media screen. On the left side of that screen is a vertical list of sources. AM & FM radio is among those sources. SirriusXm used to be on that list. It's no longer there.

taff

Reaction score
On my system, the lower left icon says "Media". The screen that comes up when I press that icon, I call the media screen. On the left side of that screen is a vertical list of sources. AM & FM radio is among those sources. SirriusXm used to be on that list. It's no longer there.

Does it show up when you select other sources? My list used to be bluetooth, usb, fm and am but if you click other sources then it showed sirius. Select the sirius icon and drag it to replace one in the list on the left. I swapped out bluetooth as I don't use that much.

gybob

Reaction score
Does it show up when you select other sources? My list used to be bluetooth, usb, fm and am but if you click other sources then it showed sirius. Select the sirius icon and drag it to replace one in the list on the left. I swapped out bluetooth as I don't use that much.
Mister taff! Thank you! I had no idea this could be done. I owe you a cold, refreshing adult beverage of your choice.

Cheketo

Reaction score

Any ideas?
Hey I know this is from 2019 but I just bought mine I also have the 12 inch display Uconnect in my 2019 crew cab 1500 Sport Hemi and I disconnected the battery and put it back on and now I am missing exactly what you're saying but it never came back I'm missing my Heating and Cooling seat buttons my reverse camera button my Sirius XM button by USB button the controls only have mirror dimming any ideas anybody

Brian0486

Reaction score
Hey I know this is from 2019 but I just bought mine I also have the 12 inch display Uconnect in my 2019 crew cab 1500 Sport Hemi and I disconnected the battery and put it back on and now I am missing exactly what you're saying but it never came back I'm missing my Heating and Cooling seat buttons my reverse camera button my Sirius XM button by USB button the controls only have mirror dimming any ideas anybody

Did you get yours resolved? I was just doing all kinds of research yesterday when this same issue happened to my truck. I got really pissed when I started my truck after disconnecting the battery to install my CAI. Needless to say I looked up every forum I could with no luck besides the same issue. But for you and any other people that find this it is definitely a stupid glitch and all it took in my case was the truck sitting for about 7-8 hours and when I went to leave to go to the store last night everything was working perfect again. So anyone with this issue don’t waste your time calling uconnect or ram or your dealer they were all useless and the dealer wanted me to bring it in and I’m glad I didn’t waste my time. They may have found an issue that didn’t exist. I also tried 3 battery disconnects the last one being a full hour with no luck. So this issue just needs time to sit and hopefully everyone is as lucky as me but I’m going to try and avoid disconnecting in the future lol

Reactions: ABW

cidgreen

Reaction score
I had the same issues and I went into settings and reset the radio to default settings. Now everything is back to normal. No waiting

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Dealing with this issue as we speak. Half of my uconnect is gone. No camera, no air ride controls, no seat control. So, let it sit overnight ? Seriously ?

gybob

Reaction score
Dealing with this issue as we speak. Half of my uconnect is gone. No camera, no air ride controls, no seat control. So, let it sit overnight ? Seriously ?
Sorry about the late reply. Not sure what's happening behind the scenes, but all it takes is time. It will eventually all be there again.

g3sys

Reaction score

My sirius and cameras are all gone after adding a subwoofer today, did not drill anything so no wires pinched/cut
only unplugged the factory sub wire and put a hi to low converter in for my amp
put it all back to stock and still missing - anyone have any ideas???

g3sys

Reaction score
nevermind.... turned truck on and off maybe 5 times and it all came back, go figure

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
My sirius and cameras are all gone after adding a subwoofer today, did not drill anything so no wires pinched/cut
only unplugged the factory sub wire and put a hi to low converter in for my amp
put it all back to stock and still missing - anyone have any ideas???
These trucks have a weird system..... seems it just needs to sit for awhile and figure out what's plugged in. Eventually everything comes back, just takes a few hours of sitting.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Old thread but same problem here. Had the battery unplugged for 30 minutes, plugged it back in and I’ve got no Trailer brake controller settings, Travel link, or Sirius XM radio. Going to let it sit overnight and report back

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn’t even have to wait overnight… just came home from dinner and upon firing it up everything is back. This thread is perfect for easing anyone’s fears that their brand new 50K baby has major electrical problems, just let it sit!

K Evans

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I have lost my sirusXM assist and emergency buttons. When I push assist or sos it tells me to subscribe but I am I currently subscribed. Xm app is completely gone. Info says I am subscribed bit the app is gone from media. And yes I tried touching the USB Bluetooth button and it's not there either. It's been about 12 days. I tried disconnecting the batteries again for qt min and reconnecting waited 24 hrs and nothing. Everyone says take it to the dealer. Pay $159 fee but I can't get in while I am home and when I try in other states they are booked out weeks and ca t get me in. How can I get the file to do the flash myself? When I check the site it says my VIN is up to date.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I have lost my sirusXM assist and emergency buttons. When I push assist or sos it tells me to subscribe but I am I currently subscribed. Xm app is completely gone. Info says I am subscribed bit the app is gone from media. And yes I tried touching the USB Bluetooth button and it's not there either. It's been about 12 days. I tried disconnecting the batteries again for qt min and reconnecting waited 24 hrs and nothing. Everyone says take it to the dealer. Pay $159 fee but I can't get in while I am home and when I try in other states they are booked out weeks and ca t get me in. How can I get the file to do the flash myself? When I check the site it says my VIN is up to date.
Did you read post # 4.

Users who are viewing this thread