5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siriux XM Renewal

daberk

Reaction score
The expiration of the 1 year trial is coming up at the end of August for me. Is everyone paying for the renewal or not worth it? Also, do you need that for the NAV?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Depends on if you use it.
Shouldn't need it for Nav, but you will for traffic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
I've had xm before I bought my Ram and I love.the stations and in October when mine comes due I'll pay fore it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ickabod

Reaction score
I always call them a couple days before it is due to renew and I tell them I want to cancel. I decline a couple of their offers and eventually they will offer me 5 or 6 months (depending on the offer) for $20. A lot cheaper than their regular prices. The catch is you have to keep calling them every 5-6 months and do it over. Saves a lot of money for 30 minutes of my time.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Mine is coming due in September and I just got a renewal in the mail for a special deal for $99.

Klute

Reaction score
Once you have renewed do not wait until it expires. Once it expires they will charge you the month-to-month rate of about $20/month...huge ripoff if you don't catch it before it expires. I have seen rates of about $6 month and then they hit with a $20 renewal (BS) fee.

ddharris

Reaction score
Be careful of the cheap packages as it will not include the full lineup of channels or possibly weather radar I believe.

Hihosilver

Reaction score
Mine came with one year music and 5 years for traffic and weather. Shows right on built list....

Klute

Reaction score
Mine came with one year music and 5 years for traffic and weather. Shows right on built list....
Wooow, wait a minute....you can get local weather radar and traffic on your SXM unit? I need more info on this feature.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Wooow, wait a minute....you can get local weather radar and traffic on your SXM unit? I need more info on this feature.
Depends on your location...my channel covers Chicago-Detroit-DFW.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Freeblazin

Reaction score

You can use the SXM Travel Link to show local weather, radar maps, sports scores, gas prices, stock prices, and movie showtimes. I have travel link showing the weather on the top part of my 12" homescreen. You can find all the other features in UConnect Apps > Travel Link.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the sirius xm Ram dealer portal that lists all of the various offers and options for the various Ram builds:

Klute

Reaction score
You can use the SXM Travel Link to show local weather, radar maps, sports scores, gas prices, stock prices, and movie showtimes. I have travel link showing the weather on the top part of my 12" homescreen. You can find all the other features in UConnect Apps > Travel Link.
I just have the 8 inch unit, I don't have uconnect, I assume this is required?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone with the 12” had any success with sports scores being shown on Travelink? I have favorite teams set but it never shows sports scores.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just renewed mine for 12 months. Was $60 plus taxes and fees brought to $77. I always tell them I don't want autorenew because it will autimatically auto renew for what they deem the current price without promotions.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just renewed mine for 12 months. Was $60 plus taxes and fees brought to $77. I always tell them I don't want autorenew because it will autimatically auto renew for what they deem the current price without promotions.
Congrats. I just renewed for $99. I didn’t know $60 was an available promo. Live and learn I guess.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Congrats. I just renewed for $99. I didn’t know $60 was an available promo. Live and learn I guess.

It also is priced by which package you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread