5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIRIUSXM

U

User_3336

Requesting a paper bill adds another CHARGE/FEE.

You can always agree to the full price then call right before it expires and threaten to cancel. I ask to be billed so they don’t have a credit card to automatically charge. It adds a bit of leverage.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I renewed for 1 year for $60 ($72 after 'music license fees') but that was for the Select package. I don't listen to it outside the truck so I didn't use any of the All Access stuff anyway. That would have been the $99 ($120) that MJP took advantage of.

You'll get e-mail offers every few days from them. If you don't like them wait until you're a week or two away from the end of your 1 year trial then tell them you are considering cancelling and see what they offer.

The free trials don't affect each other. If you got the 4C NAV you also get the Traffic Plus and Travel Link (with annoying weather warning pop-ups). Those are both 5 years. These two trials are linked together though - you can't cancel one without the other and the only way to cancel both is to cancel your account and start over.

The only ways to get around this are to make sure the dealership only activates the trials you want (tell them before you say 'yes' to buy the truck as they will immediately start prepping it for you, which includes activating all of your free trials). If you already have the truck you would have to go back to the dealership you bought it from and have them cancel the trial(s) you don't want.

As others have said, stay on top of your expiration. Once it runs out you will be charged full price moving forward from that date if you haven't taken advantage of an offer or negotiated a deal.

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Not sure about that but if so it’s worth it to me. Saves me from having to worry about the headaches of an auto renewal.

Yes they charge a $2.00 fee if you have them send you a paper invoice. Refer to my earlier post in this thread for a way to avoid auto renewal and the $2.00 fee by use of a virtual CC. Works like a charm.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure about that but if so it’s worth it to me. Saves me from having to worry about the headaches of an auto renewal.
The auto-renewal happens automatically at the end of your subscription no matter how you receive your bills.

You can also log into your account on SiriusXM and it will show your current subscription(s) and expiration date(s).

U

User_3336

Most major credit card companies have virtual card # generators (like Capital one and Bank of America).

QUOTE="Heminator, post: 299861, member: 33028"]
I've been doing this for years. Just go to privacy.com and use a virtual CC number and they won't be able to charge. Call back at the end of your term and say you want to cancel, then they'll offer you the same promo. I do the $5/mo for a year.
[/QUOTE]

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The auto-renewal happens automatically at the end of your subscription no matter how you receive your bills.

You can also log into your account on SiriusXM and it will show your current subscription(s) and expiration date(s).
Yes but I pay by check so they dot have a card on file.

Users who are viewing this thread