5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Problems

rconiv

Reaction score
I have a lifetime subscription with Sirius. I also have 5 years traffic, and 5 years Travel Link. I subscribe to the Guardian plan as well. (I think this service is absurdly expensive almost $200 bucks a year and Ram needs to work a better deal for their owners.)

This issue just appeared this past week with Sirius with my truck... I received a notice from Sirius my streaming subscription will be expiring soon, and my charge card will be charged in June for $72.00. I don't use the streaming feature on my computer or cell. I called, and had the service terminated. The very next day, I turn on the radio, its in the preview mode. I notice my preset channels are their, but dimmed out, and I could not change to one of them. When I arrived at my destination, I called Sirius, hoping a signal refresh would help, well I was advised by the rep, all my service was terminated yesterday, after close to an hour, my other services are reinstated, lifetime, traffic and travel. My Guardian service was not affected. I was told as signal refresh would correct everything now. It was sent..... no service.... I called back and was told another refresh signal would be sent, but let it sit over night for the upgrade to have time to install, I asked what upgrade? I was told Sirius has been rolling out a upgrade to all 2019 Ram truck owners with the 12" screen. hmmm ok, but that does not sound right to me, but I comply. Next morning I go out to check on it, no service still, just the preview station 1. I call back, another signal was sent, I was then told to allow 4 hours before I tried it..(I'm starting to feel like the fool now) I give it 5 hours, again the issue remains. I call back, this time my call is transferred to the tech people, now this person instructed me to keep the truck running for 10 minutes. at the 10 minute mark I was instructed to power down the truck, open the drivers door for 5 minutes, close it, and lock it. (Now I am the fool) Once locked, I was told to open the door, sit in the drivers seat, and start the truck. Again the issue is there. At this point she asks if my cell phone was on? I said yes, she said turn off the Bluetooth, this could be the problem with the update not being installed correctly.. sounded Simi logical, so I did, another signal is sent, again the truck is shut down, the drivers door is opened, the truck is locked. I again unlocked the truck, restarted it, and the issue is still there. I then ask to be transferred to a supervisor. I am advised she could not do that, but she will escalate the issue and I should hear back from them in approximately 7 - 10 working days. I am in total disbelief, I have to say I did get a tad bit rude, and ended the conversation (I miss the old phones when you could slam it down, and the other party would know you did, now its just touch a button lol).

I went inside, searched for hours to find a number to reach a human at the corporate level. I don't be leave any exist. I did get a recording to leave a message, in which I stated my frustration to the answering system, and demanded a customer service supervisor to contact me asap). After several hours with no return phone call, I hop on the computer and start typing a letter. I brought up my account to find my account number, guess what, my traffic and travel services are gone again... I return to the letter and an entire new paragraph was added regarding customer service. I was interrupted, the phone rang, It was a Sirius customer service supervisor. She indicated the issue is not with Sirius, but with Ram. The reference issue is 360 L, and this issue has know by Ram for the past several months, but they are not doing anything about it. Well my son works for a Ram dealer, I call him, he's at work, he has not heard of this 360 L notice. He went to the service manager who also knows nothing about it, but they have stated to receive a number of complaints over the non-connection issue.

So it appears now, the issue is not being addressed either by Sirius or Ram, and from what I have gathered is a computer programming coding issue, and don't expect any fix anytime in the near future.
To add to this, they (SirusXM) told me (the technician) they were escalating it to somewhere higher up. That was over two weeks ago. I had transfered my account (life time) and that is when mine failed.

I have been working with Uconnect though, and they just got back to me, and said they believe it is with the 360L also, and have some steps to try. See if these help anyone, will be trying in a little while. Though not sure about step two, they said they would call me when I get off work in a couple hours to go over these with me.

1: Press on the SXM Tab
2: Is there a light blue square that says "Start Free Trial" and press the blue square.
3: It will bring you into the Sirisu XM Menu and it will say Demo Mode and in there press "start free trial" again.
4: It will now say exit demo mode, gives you the option of "Go Back" or "Continue" select continue.
5: Now you are out of Demo Mode.

I didn't see the start free trial, so guess doesn't apply to me.

Last edited:

Tricel1

Reaction score
I have a lifetime subscription with Sirius. I also have 5 years traffic, and 5 years Travel Link. I subscribe to the Guardian plan as well. (I think this service is absurdly expensive almost $200 bucks a year and Ram needs to work a better deal for their owners.)

This issue just appeared this past week with Sirius with my truck... I received a notice from Sirius my streaming subscription will be expiring soon, and my charge card will be charged in June for $72.00. I don't use the streaming feature on my computer or cell. I called, and had the service terminated. The very next day, I turn on the radio, its in the preview mode. I notice my preset channels are their, but dimmed out, and I could not change to one of them. When I arrived at my destination, I called Sirius, hoping a signal refresh would help, well I was advised by the rep, all my service was terminated yesterday, after close to an hour, my other services are reinstated, lifetime, traffic and travel. My Guardian service was not affected. I was told as signal refresh would correct everything now. It was sent..... no service.... I called back and was told another refresh signal would be sent, but let it sit over night for the upgrade to have time to install, I asked what upgrade? I was told Sirius has been rolling out a upgrade to all 2019 Ram truck owners with the 12" screen. hmmm ok, but that does not sound right to me, but I comply. Next morning I go out to check on it, no service still, just the preview station 1. I call back, another signal was sent, I was then told to allow 4 hours before I tried it..(I'm starting to feel like the fool now) I give it 5 hours, again the issue remains. I call back, this time my call is transferred to the tech people, now this person instructed me to keep the truck running for 10 minutes. at the 10 minute mark I was instructed to power down the truck, open the drivers door for 5 minutes, close it, and lock it. (Now I am the fool) Once locked, I was told to open the door, sit in the drivers seat, and start the truck. Again the issue is there. At this point she asks if my cell phone was on? I said yes, she said turn off the Bluetooth, this could be the problem with the update not being installed correctly.. sounded Simi logical, so I did, another signal is sent, again the truck is shut down, the drivers door is opened, the truck is locked. I again unlocked the truck, restarted it, and the issue is still there. I then ask to be transferred to a supervisor. I am advised she could not do that, but she will escalate the issue and I should hear back from them in approximately 7 - 10 working days. I am in total disbelief, I have to say I did get a tad bit rude, and ended the conversation (I miss the old phones when you could slam it down, and the other party would know you did, now its just touch a button lol).

I went inside, searched for hours to find a number to reach a human at the corporate level. I don't be leave any exist. I did get a recording to leave a message, in which I stated my frustration to the answering system, and demanded a customer service supervisor to contact me asap). After several hours with no return phone call, I hop on the computer and start typing a letter. I brought up my account to find my account number, guess what, my traffic and travel services are gone again... I return to the letter and an entire new paragraph was added regarding customer service. I was interrupted, the phone rang, It was a Sirius customer service supervisor. She indicated the issue is not with Sirius, but with Ram. The reference issue is 360 L, and this issue has know by Ram for the past several months, but they are not doing anything about it. Well my son works for a Ram dealer, I call him, he's at work, he has not heard of this 360 L notice. He went to the service manager who also knows nothing about it, but they have stated to receive a number of complaints over the non-connection issue.

So it appears now, the issue is not being addressed either by Sirius or Ram, and from what I have gathered is a computer programming coding issue, and don't expect any fix anytime in the near future.
I just went through the same thing.
Bought the truck 4/19 radio worked fine until I called Sirius.
I spend over 10 hours on the phone with Sirius over a 4 day period and they said it's a Ram problem
Then last Saturday I call Sirius and asked to get transferred to the US,( much better), after two hours he added streaming, now everything is working again.
He said the 360L is a satellite and streaming radio and my lifetime subscription is satellite only and the radio won't recognize my subscription.
Since I added streaming I'm up and running 5 days so far.

BernieR

Reaction score
Mine still defaults to the preview Channel about half the time I start the vehicle .

rconiv

Reaction score
I just went through the same thing.
Bought the truck 4/19 radio worked fine until I called Sirius.
I spend over 10 hours on the phone with Sirius over a 4 day period and they said it's a Ram problem
Then last Saturday I call Sirius and asked to get transferred to the US,( much better), after two hours he added streaming, now everything is working again.
He said the 360L is a satellite and streaming radio and my lifetime subscription is satellite only and the radio won't recognize my subscription.
Since I added streaming I'm up and running 5 days so far.
Did you have to pay anything extra for this? Went to the website, and my audio says SiriusXM Premier Lifetime Plan, and then streaming is SiriusXM internet radio, which I am guessing is a different type of streaming then they gave you. I called SiriusXM again, and they said I already had the streaming, and ended it with this is a known problem, we are working on it, and I created another service ticket, and someone should get with you in the next 7 to 10 business days. For whatever that is worth. So yea.............

Last edited:

Starmont

Reaction score
I have a 1 year old 2019 longhorn and now the SiriusXM has stopped working...tried to renew and it is deactivated. Spent hours with SiriusXM and they now say it is a known problem with 2019 that has been going on 5- 7 days...I now realize this is a lie and has been going on for months. It looks like it will never be resolved and at this point I am looking to go after SiriusXM and Chrysler for full compensation. I plan to hire a lawyer and look into a class action suit since this is not going to be cheap. If anyone is interested please let me know. I will going going after full refund for the purchase price of vehicles if there is no fix.

Starmont

Reaction score
Brought a new 2019 Limited home last night. Spectacular truck. However, I have been struggling to get Sirius to work. Once I got the system out of demo mode and set up my account with Sirius (long time multi-car subscriber) I have been unable to activate Sirius. After multiple calls and signal refreshes no joy. The last Sirius customer support person finally told me that there is a "known issue" and there is nothing more that can be done until the engineers figure it out. I was told to stream my service from my phone for now. Does anyone have a similar issue with their Uconnect 12 or know anything more about this situation?

Thanks,

Matt
There response was stream from your phone?? That should cost a fortune!

Starmont

Reaction score
Did you have to pay anything extra for this? Went to the website, and my audio says SiriusXM Premier Lifetime Plan, and then streaming is SiriusXM internet radio, which I am guessing is a different type of streaming then they gave you. I called SiriusXM again, and they said I already had the streaming, and ended it with this is a known problem, we are working on it, and I created another service ticket, and someone should get with you in the next 7 to 10 business days. For whatever that is worth. So yea.............
With streaming you are using data on your cell provider...who is paying for that? Not SiriusXM I am guessing?

Starmont

Reaction score
Same issue as of yesterday...worked fine for 1 year ... once they billed my account after trial period I am out of service. Have emailed president of SiriusXM [email protected] and advised that basically his tech staff lied about severity of the problem. I will be discussing with lawyer and dealership tomorrow. I expect if the only solution is streaming the value of all the trucks with this issue has dropped severely.

Tricel1

Reaction score
I had to add all access to my lifetime subscription for an additional $76 a year to get my radio working.
The guy at Sirius said once they get it fixed I might get a refund.
But that was the only way to get my radio to radio.
When you call Sirius ask to be transfer to the states, it's worth the wait

rconiv

Reaction score
With streaming you are using data on your cell provider...who is paying for that? Not SiriusXM I am guessing?
I did stumble across that while playing with the android auto app, and that would be correct from what I was seeing, since it was just linking to the app playing on my phone. The manual says something about the icon on the radio when on SiriusXM, that will be a satellite or something else (didn't show what it was) if you are getting a satellite signal, or streaming. FCA nor SiriusXM really know what is causing this, though FCA is actually putting in some effort by actually calling me back or emailing with things to try. SiriusXM says someone will call, but that has never happened.

Mjben1977

Reaction score
I did stumble across that while playing with the android auto app, and that would be correct from what I was seeing, since it was just linking to the app playing on my phone. The manual says something about the icon on the radio when on SiriusXM, that will be a satellite or something else (didn't show what it was) if you are getting a satellite signal, or streaming. FCA nor SiriusXM really know what is causing this, though FCA is actually putting in some effort by actually calling me back or emailing with things to try. SiriusXM says someone will call, but that has never happened.
It uses ATT hotspot built in!

Mjben1977

Reaction score
Mine still defaults to the preview Channel about half the time I start the vehicle .

Bought my 2019 in April 2018, free trial ran out and I added it to my family plan. SiriusXM hasn’t worked since. Figured out a work around until FCA fix there software.

Source : SiriusXM
PRESS Send and Go (add to short cut buttons at bottom of screen)
Immediately tune radio to desired channel using knob.
You can tune your radio as long as you don’t go to the audio screen

Mjben1977

Reaction score

Bought my 2019 in April 2018, free trial ran out and I added it to my family plan. SiriusXM hasn’t worked since. Figured out a work around until FCA fix there software.

Mjben1977

Reaction score
Same issue as of yesterday...worked fine for 1 year ... once they billed my account after trial period I am out of service. Have emailed president of SiriusXM [email protected] and advised that basically his tech staff lied about severity of the problem. I will be discussing with lawyer and dealership tomorrow. I expect if the only solution is streaming the value of all the trucks with this issue has dropped severely.
Unfortunately dealer wont help it a FCA software issue!

Mjben1977

Reaction score
Just resign yourself to the fact that Sirius has issues and the customer service reps are useless.

Mjben1977

Reaction score

It’s a FCA software issue.

Dpoole6131

Reaction score
Going on four weeks now, the Sirius 360 L issue has not been corrected. Digging deeper, I find many people have the same problem. This started to show up from what I was reading back in October 2018.

Yesterday, my Apple car play stopped working. I was close to the Ram dealer.

He ran my VIN to see if the system had any updates.

I was advised the update is a dealer required update, and its going to cost $100.00 for the connect update, make an appointment.

When I got home, played around with connect on the computer, added my VIN... No updates available.

I called Uconnect was told on May 7th update was made available. Version 28.1, and no, you cannot download and install it yourself, dealer only.

This is getting old fast. Retail for my Ram exceed $65,000. When you price a vehicle in this price range, build advertisements showing off this new radio system, you would think they would at least endure the radio system works.

Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rconiv

Reaction score
It uses ATT hotspot built in!
It didn't in my case, because I thought that also, and had it on, and it didn't make any difference. I heard back from FCA and they had talked to SiriusXM, and apparently even though I have a lifetime account, to use the service, I have to get the streaming service for the 360L which is around $60 a year. This is really becoming a nickle and dime activity with SiriusXM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/