5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Guardian

spaightlabs

Reaction score
It's one of those things that's kinda handy, but not worth $250 a year. unless you need it...

My '17 came with a 5 year freebie - had to use it last winter when my hunting partner's dog looked the keys in the truck.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! They doubled the price? They must bee needing the money.
I used to have XM Radio in the Malibu years ago -- I had just retired from the military and was driving around the country a lot enjoying life. XM was awesome - 1 (or 3 stations) no matter where you were. After Sirius bought them out, I lost some of my fave's (not to mention they started charging for online listening). I rarely use it now since I'm not in the vehicle long enough to listen to much else. For long drives, I just use my SSD that I created for the USB port(s).

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I used to have XM Radio in the Malibu years ago -- I had just retired from the military and was driving around the country a lot enjoying life. XM was awesome - 1 (or 3 stations) no matter where you were. After Sirius bought them out, I lost some of my fave's (not to mention they started charging for online listening). I rarely use it now since I'm not in the vehicle long enough to listen to much else. For long drives, I just use my SSD that I created for the USB port(s).
I didn't know the USB ports had enough to power an SSD. Is it just an off the shelf SSD in a case?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's what I used in the Durango .. I am trying to locate it and see if the Rig will also handle it, but yes.

I took it out of a damaged case, and hid it in the console (of the Durango). I was hoping to use the 2nd cell holder in the Rig's console to keep it in place for testing. If I have to purchase a 'powered' adapter, I'll run the power to a ACC Switched circuit and use a +12V "chip" to keep it from over powering and blowing it all up :)

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

SiriusXM Guardian is not XM Radio, it is the service that allows some equipped vehicles advanced safety features, and remote vehicle controls (start,unlock/lock, etc.)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SiriusXM Guardian is not XM Radio, it is the service that allows some equipped vehicles advanced safety features, and remote vehicle controls (start,unlock/lock, etc.)

Yeah sorry I got tracked on 2 items at once .. Guardian replaced uConnect (which was $150 renewal) .. use your cell to remote start, check current items, locks, etc.

Someone breaks in and you can remotely shut it off, call 911 and GPS track it, etc.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
adding link to the USB Portion since we almost hijacked this thread :)

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah sorry I got tracked on 2 items at once .. Guardian replaced uConnect (which was $150 renewal) .. use your cell to remote start, check current items, locks, etc.

Someone breaks in and you can remotely shut it off, call 911 and GPS track it, etc.
I think if I recall, I had the guardian app and then upon an app update it would no longer open and referred me to use the uconnect app. So unless guardian came back I think Uconnect replaced Guardian.

Users who are viewing this thread