5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Guardian Constant Harassment Emails.

rconiv

Reaction score
Wonder how long of them sending constant postal and email's about your service has expired, you need to renew it for this way over inflated bloated price per month, when it becomes harassment. Mine expired the first part of April for the 1 year trial, and the emails are still every two or three days, with an every great while in the mail. I know I can unsubscribe, but still, is the subscription rate so bad, that they have to beg nearly daily?

Venom700

Reaction score
They usually give much lower rates when you call. I save about 70% on service for another car when I call them to renew.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
They usually give much lower rates when you call. I save about 70% on service for another car when I call them to renew.
He’s talking the guardian service not SiriusXM radio. So you can use the app to remote start. It’s $250+ annually for our radio on top of the satellite radio subscription. Not aware of any discounts for multiple vehicles. For my wife’s 2017 Cherokee it was around $75 last year(we traveled so wanted the security of it) for the exact same services.

Venom700

Reaction score
He’s talking the guardian service not SiriusXM radio. So you can use the app to remote start. It’s $250+ annually for our radio on top of the satellite radio subscription. Not aware of any discounts for multiple vehicles. For my wife’s 2017 Cherokee it was around $75 last year(we traveled so wanted the security of it) for the exact same services.
At $75 for Guardian, that would still put it at about $165/year total. Sirius wheels and deals but you have to call the cancellation line to do it.

M3Master

Reaction score
Their pricing is ridiculous...especially when Ford and GM give that ability to remote start your **** away for free(well, at least for 5 years but I think it's lifetime now). VW is the same way though....250/yr for basic functionality.

rconiv

Reaction score
Their big selling (scare tactic) is what if your stuck in the middle of no where, all you have to do is push the sos button, and we will send someone. The odd's of me needing to push the SOS button for help is extremely low, since it is tied to AT&T's cell network most likely, I could just call for help on my cell phone. Not sure why I would need to start my truck from a couple miles away. The only half way useful thing is to be able to find my truck, but the system is so slow, half the time I would probably find it before it tells me where it is. Don't really need to lock my doors from a mile away either. For all this, it is $24.98 a month.

I got another postal mailing again in the last couple days. I don't get much mail, so don't check to often.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started it from 4 blocks away at work once. Snow came in the afternoon, when it was time to leave work I started it from the office and hoped it would be warm and melting snow by the time I got to it

It was running. It was warm. But the window snow hasn’t really started to melt yet. I need to do it earlier or from further away...

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Wonder how long of them sending constant postal and email's about your service has expired, you need to renew it for this way over inflated bloated price per month, when it becomes harassment. Mine expired the first part of April for the 1 year trial, and the emails are still every two or three days, with an every great while in the mail. I know I can unsubscribe, but still, is the subscription rate so bad, that they have to beg nearly daily?
I get them every week. I be happy if they made a real offer. Back in 2007 I could purchase 3 a year discounted subscription and pay at once. I was very happy. Now its just 3 month crap and I refuse to deal with this. I have had so many cars since them and several at a time. They have lost out on every one with this 3~6 month nonsense. Their marketing Director is terrible, A fair solicitation could rake in really huge revenue which I'm sure they badly need. Life a fool I always open up that envelope hoping for a real offer., and I'm always disappointed. :(

U

User_3336

I am not aware of a three-month offer for Sirius Guardian.....

Sirius Guardian wasn't even available in 2007.

Are you sure you aren't referring to Sirius XM Radio??

I get them every week. I be happy if they made a real offer. Back in 2007 I could purchase 3 a year discounted subscription and pay at once. I was very happy. Now its just 3 month crap and I refuse to deal with this. I have had so many cars since them and several at a time. They have lost out on every one with this 3~6 month nonsense. Their marketing Director is terrible, A fair solicitation could rake in really huge revenue which I'm sure they badly need. Life a fool I always open up that envelope hoping for a real offer., and I'm always disappointed. :(

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I am not aware of a three-month offer for Sirius Guardian.....

Sirius Guardian wasn't even available in 2007.

Are you sure you aren't referring to Sirius XM Radio??
Yes, you are correct, Radio was available. I did get mail the other day for 6 months guardian. I tossed it, they need to send me a year or more to make it worth the purchase.

vdemarco

Reaction score
Is it really worth it? the location of the truck, isn't 100% reliable. My wife took the truck out, and i decided to try to track it with the uconnect app, it didn't find it. For just the remote start i am of the mindset of who cares.

If it had a tracker that worked 100% of the time, tracking for speed, distance where you went, and lastly let you disable the truck so the next start wouldn't work. then maybe it would be worth it. (at least that is my opinion)

U

User_3336

Blame AT&T!

Is it really worth it? the location of the truck, isn't 100% reliable. My wife took the truck out, and i decided to try to track it with the uconnect app, it didn't find it. For just the remote start i am of the mindset of who cares.

If it had a tracker that worked 100% of the time, tracking for speed, distance where you went, and lastly let you disable the truck so the next start wouldn't work. then maybe it would be worth it. (at least that is my opinion)

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
Gave these guys a call today to see if they have deals.

Short answer, no.

Long answer, they wanted to charge me 30 some bucks (canadian) a month for around 2/3 of the services I had on my free trial. Not negociable at all.

I think Ram should do something about this, for the amount of money we all spend on trucks now, I dont see why it should cost us 400 bucks a year to keep what we got with the truck off the lot.

My 2 cents.

U

User_3336

Answer: $$$$$$$ !

Gave these guys a call today to see if they have deals.

Short answer, no.

Long answer, they wanted to charge me 30 some bucks (canadian) a month for around 2/3 of the services I had on my free trial. Not negociable at all.

I think Ram should do something about this, for the amount of money we all spend on trucks now, I dont see why it should cost us 400 bucks a year to keep what we got with the truck off the lot.

My 2 cents.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
In January I was rear ended in my 18’ ram and totaled the truck.... called to cancel service and they kept trying to offer a discount or move service to a new vehicle. Took a few limit to explain the truck is scrap lol. And I opened a letter the other day offering new services on that truck. I actually randomly got one of the vehicle service emails last week for it... apparently the junk truck has two flat tires now

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Is there not an unsubscribe link in the email?

I agree UConnect is very over priced.
I never used it once with my Grand Cherokee (there it was free for 5 years, that was in 2014).

Boston

Reaction score
They’ll ultimately give up. Then around holidays the system gives free trials. Every so often I get a letter from them. Still three years later.
Ignored.

ADJS

Reaction score
I have NEVER been able to use the app or website to send commands to my truck to do anything at all. Essentially I had a 1 year "trial" that NEVER worked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread