5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Guardian (Canada)

Boyvan

Reaction score
Hello All......this question would be for anyone who's dealt with Canadian SiriusXM.

Background:
I am the 2nd owner of 2019 1500 Ltd. Called SirusXM in February 2023 to let them know that I am the new owner and to update it on their end as well. The person I spoke to said....not a problem, they will update that info. He also asked for proof of ownership, etc. (Which was sent). Shortly after that I received an Activation email from SiriusXM Guardian asking to sign-up for free trial. At that time, I did not active 'Free Trial'.

Now I am finally going on a road-trip, so thought to Activate SirusXM trial. The link I had received previously for renewal had expired so I called the same number to ask them to re-send Activation trial email. This time the person I spoke to said that they cant send an email without ownership verification. Then she put me on hold and said they have received my information - "Ownership and Insurance" papers but that is not enough.

Issue:
What she wants is "Title of Ownership from DMV".....I explained to her that I am in Vancouver (Canada) and the document I sent to her is what we get as proof of ownership. Basically, in BC (British Columbia), we have ICBC (Gov't insurance company), that handles all Motor vehicle issues, Driver license, etc. I don't blame this person for not knowing everything and I am sure she is following a script but I feel like its a dead-end.

So can anyone suggest what else to do? How can I prove to SiriusXM that I am not trying to activate their service in someone else's vehicle......lol. Would appreciate any suggestion or perhaps a Canadian number?

MLB12

Reaction score
Just by the format of the requested information, "Title of Ownership from DMV", you've likely had the misfortune of talking to a SiriusXM agent in the Excited States. I'm in Alberta, and obviously we don't have government insurance like you do in BC, but that shouldn't make any difference whatsoever! Also, in Canada we don't have all the confusing title process as is found south of the border.

Try again, but ensure you're calling during midday business hours and clarify that you are actually talking to a Canadian SiriusXM agent. And to get ahead of the curve immediately, ask to speak to a supervisor as soon the phone gets answered, that way if there is still some pushback you aren't telling the same story twice, or more.

I've had SiriusXM since before it was even available in Canada and in that 18+ years I've not ever had any issues like you are experiencing.

Don't give up, just be persistent, and keep us posted how you make out.

Boyvan

Reaction score
Thank you all.....appreciate your suggestions.

Update: I called SiriusXM again and due to their long hold times.....I was given an option of Texting with an agent instead....so I tried it. This time the person didnt even ask for any proof. He took all my info via phone (text) and activated it right away. A fairly simple process once you are talking to the 'right' person.

In case anyone is wondering....I got 3 months free......and $9.99 / month, for a year if I decide to continue after my free trial.

Users who are viewing this thread