5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Briefly Cutting Out

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm familiar with SiriusXM losing signal due to a mountain, building, or tunnel near me, but I've had mine drop out for like 1-2 seconds fairly frequently, even on open terrain. The first day, I thought maybe sunspots or something was the problem but I notice it pretty much every time I use it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Einstein376

Reaction score
I have noticed more drops of a second or so of late with all three of our vehicles. Made me wonder if their service is having issues.

Jim

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I even had this happen on the app. I think they are having issues.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, it's happened to me a few times over the last couple of days. So far it's been pretty sporadic.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I am on the US west coast and have similar drop outs in the past couple of weeks. As others have said, likely an issue with the service rather than your vehicle/radio. We have several spots (with open sky) that have always dropped out (over the past six years). There are just some dead spots in places. Radio waves behave in ways that are sometimes difficult to understand due to interference from objects as well as other radio signals.

Users who are viewing this thread