5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius/XM Guardian setup

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues setting up this service? I press the assist button and nothing happens. Their tech support said see the dealer.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
full disclosure, im not sure what this service is supposed to do. I downloaded the app and I see that I can now finally remote start my FCA vehicle. But thats all ive got so far. Curious to see who chimes in

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like Ford Remote Access/Sync Connect....but for FCA. I'll dig into it later tonight.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the main UConnect screen under apps, "Go Activate Service". Sounds like the first step was wrong in the manual.

So it's setup but the assist button isn't working. My dealer had this issue on a Wrangler but the techs had just gone home for the day.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did download the SiriusGuardian Uconnect app and was able to start and lock my truck from my phone. But as before, it takes roughly 30 seconds and is hit or miss on working. I didn't have high hopes when I saw .5 stars as a review

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep - it's crap compared to Ford remote access. That had limited lag time and always worked! Even in fairly remote areas of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I'll find out next month how Guardian works there.

My assist button is slowly starting to work - I bet my truck just isn't fully in their system yet.

As of today - 6/11/18 - all is working as designed. Just took a few days for everything to get loaded into their system :)

Last edited:

Cruzer1

Reaction score
I've had my 2019 1500 Limited for just over one week. I downloaded and installed SiriusGuardian Uconnect over the weekend. It doesn't work as well as the older version in my old 2014 Ram 1500. I can't figure out how to send locations to my new truck. I did start it one morning using the app, it does take it just shy of a minute to react. I can only lock, unlock, start and shut off my truck. The old version worked the same way where commands take a minute or so. Other functions that are pictured on the app download site are a mystery to me on how to invoke. Good thing this is only a free trial.

bobs4state

Reaction score
I have had my Ram Limited for 5 weeks now. So far, it has yet to phone home. The app works (start, locate, etc.) but the monthly help report still shows the truck as having 16 miles on it. It has not reported home since June 30, which was its birthday. So far, the Sirius Guardian people have no answer other than to give it more time to activate. What gives?

Epkefive

Reaction score
Had my 2500 since 2/28. The assist button worked but rep said vehicle wasn’t registered to me ?! They wouldn’t tell me who but my guess is dealer. I was told to “fax” a copy of bill of sale. I asked about scan and email. No can do. Must be fax. ?! No one does fax anymore!!! Get out of the 90’s SiriusXM!
Basically told them ..... well I won’t say what I told them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread