5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius Guardian - Vehicle Health Report

Rhinosoul

Reaction score
On the phone Uconnect app, I am unable to see any vehicle health reports. After talk with Sirius today, they told me it is because those features are not supported on the 12" Uconnect system. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Larmie LongHorn.

Thanks in advanced.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On the phone Uconnect app, I am unable to see any vehicle health reports. After talk with Sirius today, they told me it is because those features are not supported on the 12" Uconnect system. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

Thanks in advanced.
Yep. They promised an update at the beginning of 2019. And...crickets.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

Thanks in advanced.

That is correct and I doubt (for the foreseeable future) that will be an option. You’ll lose it after the 12 months anyways unless you pay the $250+ annual renewal fee. Same guardian security features on other FCA uconnect vehicles (See image) cost less than $100 annually. I say that because last May we renewed my wife’s 2017 Jeep Cherokee for a year and was less than $90. All the same features in column 1.

C1F986F0-647C-4D3F-9B0D-9AA809E130C2.png

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Thanks in advanced.
Yep. The app is pretty lame. I wouldn’t mind the spartan features if it was free, but as it stands, it’s pretty ludicrous that they expect folks to pay for this, considering other automakers (Ford) have much more feature-rich offerings totally free.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Yep. The app is pretty lame. I wouldn’t mind the spartan features if it was free, but as it stands, it’s pretty ludicrous that they expect folks to pay for this, considering other automakers (Ford) have much more feature-rich offerings totally free.
Even Subaru has a better app for $25.00 a year.

Last edited:

Rammo83

Reaction score
i talked with them a few weeks regarding this feature, all they told me that is not supported feature with 12 inch screen, i asked for some sort of compensation for the loss of feature i got 2 free oil changes for the inconvenience, they also claim they have no idea when/if this feature will be on 12 inch screen.

LamboMitch

Reaction score
i agree we get the upgrade and all pay more only to get shafted on features seems *** backwards. when i called they told me that no trucks were able to have any advanced features. hell i would settle for even a confirmation or a screen that told you the current status of the car.. ie if its locked or not temp inside and being able to control the inside temp...

Scjon03

Reaction score
I know this thread is a few a months old but damn... really. I went from a 2019 Laramie to a 2020 Limited and just found out the health reports do not work. Like it doesn’t really matter and I barely used it. But still wow. However I did use the send n go and the unlock/lock and remote start from my app multiple times.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
I know this thread is a few a months old but damn... really. I went from a 2019 Laramie to a 2020 Limited and just found out the health reports do not work. Like it doesn’t really matter and I barely used it. But still wow. However I did use the send n go and the unlock/lock and remote start from my app multiple times.
Yep, 2 years of 5th Gen Rams and this is still 11 on their top 10 things to get right.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
@Scjon03 At least your app worked with those features. Still have yet to get my 2020 features to work. Once I get it out of the repair shop from dying in the middle of the intersection with 1,002 miles on it, maybe they will do something magical to make mine work.

Jimmora

Reaction score
I think the health reports is a little to Big Brother watching you. It is NOT possible to disable....................

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They told me they’d be coming in a fall update...in 2018. Needless to say, I did not renew my Guardian subscription.

fatNfurious

Reaction score
Welp, now I know why it says " Your vehicle is not capable of Vehicle Health Reports.". They really need to get this fixed pronto. Thanks for the update.......

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Requiring end users to pay exorbitant prices for crippled products that other manufacturers offer for free (and fully featured), is not a good business model...

Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2020 Built To Serve edition with the 12" uconnect. I am having this same issue with the Mopar site showing 1 mile on my truck and the wrong image. The Uconnect app on my phone shows the correct truck but no info tab to show me fuel, mileage, oil life, tire pressure like the 2017 Ram would show with my access. Also their price is outrageous for this Sirius XM Guardian as compared to the uconnect in my 2017 Ram when it was still uconnect access and not SiriusXM managed. I agree that it does suck that features of older, smaller units are not available on this larger screen but maybe with the new TRX out on the market they will be coming out with an upgrade soon. Hell my wife's used Jeep Grand Cherokee has features on her uconnect for offroading that my Ram doesn't have with the Off Road package like the ability to see the angle your front tires are turned to, the pitch and roll angles of the vehicle, etc.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Just got my 2021 limited and I get the same message. What a disappointment. With UC5 being their new baby I suspect they abandon any support for UC4.

In the past few years I had a new Mercedes and Acura, their infotainment updates suck as well. Car manufactures are not software engineers and it shows lol.

Wish Ram would take a hint from Tesla and release exciting updates to their software frequently.

Semperfly22

Reaction score
Same issue here. Just picked up a 2021 Laramie and they still haven't fixed it. I'm not happy about that. Also, the Market app is not available with the 12" screen either.
This is one of those situations where you think it is better but ...... nope.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They told me they'd have it by Q4........2018. So I'm not holding my breath ;)

Users who are viewing this thread