5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius always reverts back to Preview Channel

ericd

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else? Whenever I start the car back up it either starts back up on the preview channel 2 or the second I hit a button to go to a different station, it goes to channel 2 instead of the correct number. I read on another forum that Sirius does that if it is left on an explicit channel when the truck is turned off. Super annoying. Any thoughts?

John813

Reaction score
Explicit channel as in a talk show or music?

I've left mine on stations that throw some f bombs around but it has never reverted back to the preview channel.

Wonder if the truck is set to some dealer mode or it's the siriusxm radio itself that's messing up.
I used to get the preview channel a lot when I had to master reset the crappy sync on my Ford on a weekly basis. Until SXM realized I was on a current active subscription post reset.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call sirius and have them ping your radio. Also make sure once you have your channel lineup on presets set your memory. The radio settings are saved in memory.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
My radio started doing this after I had the amplifier update.

Last edited:

Deshatt

Reaction score
I get a blast of the preview channel almost every time I start the truck. Just a second or so. Been hoping it would get fixed on the next update.

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else? Whenever I start the car back up it either starts back up on the preview channel 2 or the second I hit a button to go to a different station, it goes to channel 2 instead of the correct number. I read on another forum that Sirius does that if it is left on an explicit channel when the truck is turned off. Super annoying. Any thoughts?
Yes, just about every time it also shows the station I was listening to when I exited and is playing the preview, or vice vrs, it shows the preview and lists station 1, but is playing the station I left it on. Its messed up and my dealer wants me to wait till RAM comes out with its next update, before they will do anything, awesome customer service on a 70k truck.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MIne is doing this now also. Annoying. Any more info on resolving this?
Known issue according to Sirius but no fix. I contacted them about it many months ago and mine still does it periodically. The majority of radio related issues are on the Sirius side which is evidenced by the fact that many, myself included, have witnessed a number of recurring problems over the past several months that have magically stopped without any mechanical intervention. Sirius is a mess.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Known issue according to Sirius but no fix. I contacted them about it many months ago and mine still does it periodically. The majority of radio related issues are on the Sirius side which is evidenced by the fact that many, myself included, have witnessed a number of recurring problems over the past several months that have magically stopped without any mechanical intervention. Sirius is a mess.
Thank you for the info. At least I can stop beating up the dealer about it and deal with it until Sirius fixes it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. At least I can stop beating up the dealer about it and deal with it until Sirius fixes it.
Don't waste your time with the dealer. There is nothing they can do. FCA forced a radio swap on me to resolve some of my issues that I still experienced after the swap until I made about 12 calls to Sirius and spent hours on the phone then magically all the issues stopped. Just wait it out.

PatriotBlue2019

Reaction score
Mine does this periodically and it is a little frustrating. I'm not a real big Sirius fan...when my free trail is done, I will not renew.

Users who are viewing this thread