5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri Broken with VR?

Burns711

Reaction score
Hey there Ram Fam. Just purchased a 2020 Laramie (had an 05 Daytona a few years back).

Wanted to see if any others are out there having the same issue I’m having. When I press and hold the VR button on the steering wheel to activate Siri, it does the double beep, the prompt on the screen flashes and goes away. A second later the same thing happens without me pressing the button...and that’s it. I can’t get her to talk to me.

Anyone know what’s wrong or if there’s a fix? I really don’t want to have to go back to the dealership.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe try reloading your phone into the system and/or reboot your phone.

Burns711

Reaction score
Maybe try reloading your phone into the system and/or reboot your phone.
For some reason it started working the other day. I called Uconnect and they said that this was a known issue, which is strange. It works now so I guess I can’t complain.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I am having this same issue, exactly as you describe when iPhone is hooked via Bluetooth. CarPlay works fine and also VR, as long as I plug into the USB.

spinxt

Reaction score
I am having this same issue, exactly as you describe when iPhone is hooked via Bluetooth. CarPlay works fine and also VR, as long as I plug into the USB.
I have the same problem and ironically I it also started happening in my 2014 Grand Cherokee too (where it never did before). This leads me to believe a change was made in the iOS software that Uconnect hasn’t reacted to with a software update of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread