5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sim Card or DCM location

Edgar Tirado

Reaction score
Hello Guys:

I am looking to upgrade my radio to a 8.4 uconnect 5. But not sure if the sim card or dcm is inside the actual 5" radio or on a separate module. Mine is a 2024 2500 Tradesman

rick619

Reaction score
There's a sim card? I've read many that have upgraded to larger radios. Never seen a sim card mentioned.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There's a sim card? I've read many that have upgraded to larger radios. Never seen a sim card mentioned.
Assuming the 2500s are the same as the 1500s then yes, there is no sim card. In fact the radio doesn't house the cell modem it's an different TBM box which can't be activated after the fact to communicate with ram anyways so installing one after the build would be pointless.

Last edited:

Edgar Tirado

Reaction score
My Ram came with connected Sirius Guardian. that system use cell communication in order to get data. So should be a SIM card or ESIM.

Edgar Tirado

Reaction score
Assuming the 2500s are the same as the 1500s then yes, there is no sim card. In fact the radio doesn't house the cell modem it's an different TBM box which can't be activated after the fact to communicate with ram anyways so installing one after the build would be pointless.
I am looking to change the 5" radio for a 8.4" radio. And worried that I lost Connected services.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am looking to change the 5" radio for a 8.4" radio. And worried that I lost Connected services.
Might have more luck posting on the 2500 thread then posted above.
On the 1500s I don't believe the 5 inch screen comes with any connected services and it can't be added after the fact.
On trucks that do we have a completely different box with an embedded modem, no sim card.
I don't have a picture of the inside as I threw it out, but like I said, soldered on modem, no sim.

2023-10-05 11.34.58.jpg

rick619

Reaction score
My Ram came with connected Sirius Guardian. that system use cell communication in order to get data. So should be a SIM card or ESIM.

Are we talking about the wifi hot spot? Guess I assume that nobody activated that. I'm sure my kids might like it for their nintendo switch, but I'm not going to pay for that. Everyone can access the Internet on their phone anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread