5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silencing audible open drivers door chime

Robert Armstrong

Reaction score
The audible open door chime will sound any time the drivers door is opened with the ignition in accessories position. This can be annoying when you are working inside with the door open and the radio on so you can listen to the radio. It is a simple matter to trick the alarm system by making it act like the door is closed. Use the following procedure
1 - The door latch mechanism on the door looks like this photo.
1572392793416.jpeg

2 - Push in the latch mechanism inward until it clicks.
1572392892409.jpeg

3 - it will look like this after it clicks.
1572393003693.jpeg

4 - Now push the mechanism inward and downward as shown until it clicks a second time.
1572393141846.jpeg

5 - Now it will look like this - and the audible open driver door chime will be SILENT.
1572393271230.jpeg

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
DON’T FORGET TO RETURN THE DOOR LATCH TO THE OPEN DOOR POSITION BEFORE CLOSING THE DOOR TO AVOID DAMAGING THE LATCH MECHANISM !
PULL THE DOOR HANDLE INSIDE THE TRUCK TO RETURN THE DOOR LATCH TO THE OPEN POSITION BEFORE CLOSING THE DOOR. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY DAMAGE THE LATCH MECHANISM.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks for the information. (y)

R

Rob5589

Old skool trick! Does make a nice "whack!" if you forget to pull the door handle before closing.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Ha, could've used this the other day, damn chime was driving me crazy. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man i forgot about this trick, could've used this the other day while i'm trying to install the fuse tap and cable for my dash cam.

Users who are viewing this thread