5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side Step with RAMBOX?

HenryR

Reaction score
According to the RAM 1500 booklet from the dealership, if says if you get the RAMBOX with the BUG, the side step is part of the package.

Can anyone conform this? I see it in black and white, I'm waiting on my truck it will be here next week.

grinch72

Reaction score
It won’t be there. That is in early printout. The new documentation has removed it. You can try and fight your dealer to install it but it will be an uphill battle.

grinch72

Reaction score

HenryR

Reaction score
All we can do is try...…. I'm a SOB though, I'll fight to the death.

They'll likely give in to me, just to shut me up.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
According to the RAM 1500 booklet from the dealership, if says if you get the RAMBOX with the BUG, the side step is part of the package.

Can anyone conform this? I see it in black and white, I'm waiting on my truck it will be here next week.
Are you talking about a side step or the bed step? Side step is generally on the side of the bed in front of the rear wheel just behind the cab. The bed step is generally at the rear corners of the bed just under the bumper. My Longhorn with RamBoxes and Bed Utility Group came with the bed step installed from the factory. I am unaware of any side step

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can get it, great, but I wouldn't go to the mat for a $200 part.

When you come back for an oil change they may pump the cheap stuff in to get their money back

grinch72

Reaction score
Are you talking about a side step or the bed step? Side step is generally on the side of the bed in front of the rear wheel just behind the cab. The bed step is generally at the rear corners of the bed just under the bumper. My Longhorn with RamBoxes and Bed Utility Group came with the bed step installed from the factory. I am unaware of any side step
They call it the bed side step but yes it is the one in the rear corner.

HenryR

Reaction score
If you can get it, great, but I wouldn't go to the mat for a $200 part.

When you come back for an oil change they may pump the cheap stuff in to get their money back

That's fine, I don't do maintenance at he dealer, I gave them enough money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/