5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side Step / Running Board Recommendations Needed...

big_L2009

Reaction score
I just pushed the nut in and started turning while applying some pressure. Eventually it bites and start to thread. I had one which required a little more pressure but got it in. I guess you can also use a knife or something similar to scrape off the excess at the tip to where the nut will bite and catch the threads. As you thread the nut, the excess paint comes off.
I have tried “forcing” them on and using a knife to scrape the paint off I even used a lighter to heat paint up then try it. I managed to get 2 of the 4 I tried on and one of the other only about half way and the other only about 2 turns. I even tried putting 20 volt dewalt impact on it and couldn’t get it to go. Thank you for the info

smankins

Reaction score
A wire wheel on a drill worked well for me. I could pretty much spin the nuts on by hand after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/