5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side Step/Rail any help with bed access?

ripvanhalen

Reaction score
Hi,

Getting ready to order a 2021 and have a question for those that might have this combination.

Looking at Laramie Quad cab and can not find any good pictures of the side step/rail options.

I had a 2018 Ram Classic and was not easy to reach into front part of the bed, so want to try to take
care of this when I order the new Ram.

Do the Power Running Boards extend beyond the rear door at all, to give any help reaching into front part of the bed?

The small picture of the wheel-wheel side step option looks for sure like it would help.

Anybody have either of these steps on a Quad Cab---your experience/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is the main reason I went with the rambox option. I no longer store smaller items in the bed. Anything that fits in the ramboxes is stored there. If I'm putting smaller items into the bed I use the bed divider to keep those items near the tailgate. I was worried about losing cargo area but have found that I don't miss it at all for what I use the truck for. The added lockable storage is great, and it's easy access.

To answer your question about the powered steps, no they are not wheel to wheel. They stop at the rear of the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread