5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side step / nerf bar recommendations

Rupp32

Reaction score
Just got a 2021 1500 crew cab. Need to ad side steps or nerf bars for the short wife haha. Was looking for stainless or aluminum since I have a chrome grille and bumpers. Really liked the look of the Havoc HS2 stainless or the westin hdx stainless. Not sure if they hang lower than regular nerf bars as my truck is not lifted. Any advice?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the HDX and they are perfect. My truck is stock.
0c5d5297296f0a476dd4c0fa64bed5f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Rupp32

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Just wanted to make sure the drop steps didn't hang too low.

BobK

Reaction score
I just put these on a few weeks ago. $165 on amazon. I could not pass that up. So far very happy with them, they feel solid.
"YITAMOTOR 6 inches Running Boards"
1616192647852.png

JTinJXN57

Reaction score
BobK--any idea of a max capacity of those Yitamotor Running Boards ???

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation - I figure that side steps will be the very first thing I do to the truck, will probably already have them here waiting. I prefer aluminum, although there are some steel ones I really like the look of. If I were going to order today, it would be the N-fab Predator Pro because they are aluminum and the body of the bar sits close to the truck. On the expensive side though.

BobK

Reaction score
Yes they are on the expensive side. :)
I figured for $165 when I bought mine, if I didn't like them I could replace them a year later and not feel too bad about it. Its only been a couple months with them so cant say how they will hold up over time but otherwise very happy with them.

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
I really liked the look of these, but I noticed the company's webside (link below) said they were aluminum while other sellers said they were steel. I emailed the company to ask, and they said steel. I don't get that, how can your website be wrong about your own product? Has anybody actually bought these that would know for certain?

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
I installed a set of the Go Rhino D6 boards. They aren't aluminum so I had them bed lined prior to installation. Very solid and I highly recommend. View attachment 86978
How are they holding up? I am looking at these. My order won't be here for a couple more months but I want something beefy so other owners will get the brunt of the damage if they swing their door open.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
How are they holding up? I am looking at these. My order won't be here for a couple more months but I want something beefy so other owners will get the brunt of the damage if they swing their door open.
So far so good, very solid and no flex whatsoever. I live close to the shore so getting them rhino lined was a must. The inner side of the rails are raw metal, so I don't think they would last too long in their original form. Just something to be aware of.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
When you mention inner side, what part are the referring to?

I am having my bed sprayed with Linex when it arrives and might order so that I can have it all done at the same time.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
The inner potion of the rail (behind the large gap you slide the brackets into) was raw metal.
Hard to see if the pic, but hopefully you get the idea.

tempImageBIpXYi.jpg

Kilroy

Reaction score
Nothing beats power running boards, the tuck-up flush with the body and extend further than regular rails or bars so short people love them ;-)

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Yeah but also another thing to go wrong power/electrical wise. Doesn’t help with door dings in a parking lot if the are tucked away either.

Last edited:

Kilroy

Reaction score
Yeah but also another thing to go wrong power/electrical wise. Doesn’t help with door dings in a parking lot if the are tucked away either.
Sure they do, you can extend them and they stay out if you want. There is a button for that.

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I have a set of the Mopar black ones if anyone is interested. In the Dallas area and they are perfect condition.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Well if you are so happy with yours, there is no need to comment here.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Nothing beats power running boards, the tuck-up flush with the body and extend further than regular rails or bars so short people love them ;-)
Power steps are awesome, but I drive my truck on the beach alot during the summer, and winters are cold here. Between those two factors all I see are issues after a couple of years of use.

Users who are viewing this thread