5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side mirror wind noise… my solution

Ddelallata

Reaction score
My ‘22 Limited with regular mirrors had an annoying whistling noise that was only audible with the radio off at speeds over 60mph. I know , I know … I could’ve just kept the radio on but sometimes I listen to talk radio and the whistling sound was irritating to me anytime there was a pause in conversation.
I tried taping all the joints in the mirror without any improvement. I then discovered that if I put my hand under the arm before the swivel, it produced enough turbulence to stop the whistling sound.
I found a video on YouTube where a Supra owner put an adhesive door bump protector to stop a similar noise on his car and I decided to give it a try with good success. I simply cut one end to fit the affected area.
My truck is now a pleasure to drive again.
Hope it helps for others.

Attachments

• 64FFF270-1AEB-4627-8492-F5016B2B7223.jpeg
    64FFF270-1AEB-4627-8492-F5016B2B7223.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1D271A5D-0D66-42C5-B03E-50F7DEE1847E.png
    1D271A5D-0D66-42C5-B03E-50F7DEE1847E.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 78

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s cool, good job! 👍

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My ‘22 Limited with regular mirrors had an annoying whistling noise that was only audible with the radio off at speeds over 60mph. I know , I know … I could’ve just kept the radio on but sometimes I listen to talk radio and the whistling sound was irritating to me anytime there was a pause in conversation.
I tried taping all the joints in the mirror without any improvement. I then discovered that if I put my hand under the arm before the swivel, it produced enough turbulence to stop the whistling sound.
I found a video on YouTube where a Supra owner put an adhesive door bump protector to stop a similar noise on his car and I decided to give it a try with good success. I simply cut one end to fit the affected area.
My truck is now a pleasure to drive again.
Hope it helps for others.
What is this in your pic (circled in red)?

Whistling fix driver side mirror.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread