5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side Mirror Help

DjS.

Reaction score
Caught my side mirror on a branch and popped my side marker. Been looking for videos on how to change it but can only find videos on how to remove the entire side mirror. Does anyone know or has had to change just this light out and is it difficult? Thank you in advance.
F8597DFD-ADF0-41D7-B3B9-8B8DB6244456.jpeg

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Caught my side mirror on a branch and popped my side marker. Been looking for videos on how to change it but can only find videos on how to remove the entire side mirror. Does anyone know or has had to change just this light out and is it difficult? Thank you in advance.
View attachment 57848

I would guess you’d have to replace the entire mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good news / not so bad news, preliminary.
Good news here is the part:

I have a mirror that I purchased off of ebay to practice removing the mirror glass prior to attempting replacement of my mirror covers. The mirror glass would need to be removed first. There is a posting on mirror cover replacements.

I believe the key to removing the mirror glass is temperature and patience. With the glass mirror removed there are 2 screws that I can access for the turn signal lens however something else is stopping me for complete removal at this time.

So it looks like you can replace the turn signal but you need to remove the mirror glass which can be tricky but readily doable. If you order the part I believe you will see what holds the mirror turn signal on other than the two screws.

Sorry about your mishap, hope this gives some relief.

BNeal

Reaction score
View attachment 57848
Did you ever figure out how to replace that glass? I took a rock to my driver side lens and not sure if it's an easy fix or I have to surrender to a body shop. Can't find any 5th gen youtube vids.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's pretty simple to change out! I took apart both my mirrors to add the BSM wiring to them. The toughest part is actually removing the glass without breaking it. I tilted it all the way down and then stuck my fingers back there are pulled it down in the direction the glass is aiming. I was able to remove one without breaking then broke the other.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out how to replace that glass? I took a rock to my driver side lens and not sure if it's an easy fix or I have to surrender to a body shop. Can't find any 5th gen youtube vids.
Where are you located? Might be able to help you out a bit.

BNeal

Reaction score
OK not too bad. It's about an hour and a half away from me. Have you found the replacement lens yet?
I have not. I wanted to make sure I could do the work before purchasing. What's involved? Is it just removing the glass mirror to gain access?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, you remove the glass. Remove the screw holding the plastic on the back of the mirror. You will need to pry that back plastic off, it's fairly easy, but looks and feels like it's super hard. After that it give you access to the back of the mirror where you can change everything out you need.

Users who are viewing this thread