5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side mirror disassembly

Th8785

Reaction score
Replacing a cracked turn signal light on my side mirror, and when I removed the glass the cover for I'm guessing the motor assembly came with. Plastic gears fell out, which I'm pretty sure are fine but not sure if I damaged the housing where the mirrors tilt features are. Anyone have any knowledge about this area? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220103_181308.jpg
    20220103_181308.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 42

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like you pulled the actual mirror mount. Looks broke to me. The mount with the ring around it should have stayed on the mirror housing.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with VincentW56 as well. All that should have stayed in the housing itself. You might be able to align it back up and clip it back in. I would give it a try.

Th8785

Reaction score
I agree with VincentW56 as well. All that should have stayed in the housing itself. You might be able to align it back up and clip it back in. I would give it a try.
Yea I just got it separated grommets the mirror, not sure why it came together like that but my luck holds true...no easy fixes lol. Going to attempt to reinstall now, I have all the gearing I believe. If it doesn't work anyone have a part number for replacement? All the numbers on the unit don't do any good.

Th8785

Reaction score
Well, no go. It's broken, the screw hoke for the cap is what holds it all together and it broke out from the cap. Need to order new one asap

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sucks. I don't know if they just sell that motor or not. I feel like you might be able to find a used assembly off Ebay pretty cheap though.

Users who are viewing this thread