5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shudder at stop sign (NO etorque)

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the last week or so I have noticed when I am stopped at a stop sign, or moreso when stopped behind a bunch of cars in traffic, there is a noticeable vibration/shudder until I let off the brake again and accelerate. This is a new thing. The only thing I can think of recently was I filled up with gas. 87 at Costco. I've used the same gas many times though. The fans are going with the AC, but again, that isn't abnormal either. Any ideas on this? My wife hasn't ridden it the truck yet while it does it, but when she does it will be a big issue for her. Best way to describe the feeling is a side to side vibration.

Ch28

Reaction score
Same thing here, got 12500 miles on it, started around 10k or 11k. Same thing when release brake it studders a little.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same thing here, got 12500 miles on it, started around 10k or 11k. Same thing when release brake it studders a little.

Yeah, I'm noticing it now backing out of the garage. I'm hoping bad gas or something and next tank will be better, but sounds like you have had it for a few thousand miles. Have you asked your dealer about it? I'm scheduled for that last recall to be fixed and I might mention it to them.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
In the last week or so I have noticed when I am stopped at a stop sign, or moreso when stopped behind a bunch of cars in traffic, there is a noticeable vibration/shudder until I let off the brake again and accelerate. This is a new thing. The only thing I can think of recently was I filled up with gas. 87 at Costco. I've used the same gas many times though. The fans are going with the AC, but again, that isn't abnormal either. Any ideas on this? My wife hasn't ridden it the truck yet while it does it, but when she does it will be a big issue for her. Best way to describe the feeling is a side to side vibration.

Could it be the engine is firing back from 4 cylinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ch28

Reaction score
Could it be the engine is firing back from 4 cylinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so because i usually turn that off with gear limiter. Plus it's when i stop and eco usually turns off around 20mph. I do wonder if it's something with the transmission bc it seems like letting of the brake it feels like its almost a weird shift type shudder.

Users who are viewing this thread